Project Manager – Health Tools Integration
Total Systems Solutions Consulting Inc. https://totalsystems.ca is seeking a Project Manager – Health Tools Integration to work for our public sector client at the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) in the Province of British Columbia. This is a Hybrid role and you must reside in British Columbia and be full-time 40 hours per week with availability Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm in the Pacific Time Zone.
The consultant is expected to start ASAP and the contract length is 6 months with a chance for 3- 6 month extensions.
The DHI delivers provincial digital health strategies and business transformations by relentlessly focusing on the end user and the end-to-end health services journey for everyone in British Columbia.
We concentrate on the design and delivery of digital health tools and platforms to support the ongoing evolution of a connected health system and digitally enabled health care. By collaborating with all provincial health sector partners, we ensure an equitable approach to addressing health sector priorities.
While we spur innovation and change through strategic architecture for technology, it is never just about the technology, but about solving the problem.
Primary Care Digital Enablement (PCDE) seeks to create an integrated, well-coordinated system of team-based primary and community care. The PCDE portfolio integrates digital tools to help transform the way primary care services are provided to British Columbians, better supporting providers, and improving access and the overall patient experience. The PCDE portfolio also provides solutions which support patients and providers by streamlining workflows, while adding capacity in the system, increasing continuity of care, and information sharing, reducing administrative burdens to providers, and increasing access to secure patient information.
PHSA is looking for two Senior Project Managers to lead the work for the Provincial Attachment System Program. The Project Managers will lead high-performance teams working with other stakeholders including the Ministry of Health, Health Authorities, DofBC, and vendors.
The Project Managers are responsible for, but not limited to:
- Developing/Managing project plans (schedule, risk, etc) with input from project team members and other stakeholders
- Preparing project status reports and dashboards
- Submitting regular status reports to Program Steering Committee as required
- Developing project charters, business cases, decision documents, and evaluation plans as assigned
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation related to integration for both development and support purposes and ensuring that documentation is up to date
- Collaborating with Workstream Leads to identify and manage change requirements for the project
- Managing project scope change processes, and acquire approvals as required
- Managing Project Team performance of project tasks
- Controlling, tracking, and reporting on the execution of the project plan and day-to-day aspects of the project
- Assisting the Finance Team in preparing project financials (budgeted, planned, and spent)
- Controlling, tracking and reporting on current and forecast resource usage
- Controlling, tracking, and reporting on issues and risks identified for the project
- Escalating significant issues that cannot be resolved by the Project Team following the established governance structures
- Securing acceptance and approval of deliverables from the Program Director, Sponsor, and Stakeholders
- Assisting the QA team with the development of test plans, scripts
- Scheduling and chairing Project Team meetings
- Documenting all findings and recommendations
- Transitioning project deliverables to Operations (Production Turnover/PTO)
- Performing project management processes as per PMO standards
- Performing other related duties as assigned
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in information technology, Business, Administration, or related field including training and/or experience in leading, managing, and coordinating the integration of multiple technologies:
- Five (5) year’s recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups including within the vendor community
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple Agile project simultaneously
- Working knowledge and experience with agile as well as waterfall project management concepts practices, and deliverables
- Ability to effectively navigate and deliver results in a large and complex healthcare environment is necessary
- Solid understanding of how various technologies fit together in a provincial health ecosystem to deliver services
- Ability to effectively coordinate and managing complex projects that spans multiple vendors and stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain concepts and topics in layman’s terms to non-subject matter experts and build consensus and credibility among diverse stakeholders groups
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks
- Exceptional MS Office skills
Preference given to candidates who have:
- Experience working within the BC Health Sector
- Experience or working knowledge of population and public health
- Experience in large scale provincial clinical transformation projects
- Strong forward thinking, analytical, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development
- Project Management Professional designation
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: Up to $90.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you worked with BC Healthcare in the past ? If so where and when?
- Please identify which companies, on your resume, you have been the Project Manager for large scale IM/IT infrastructure Projects.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Large scale IM/IT infrastructure PM: 5 years (required)
- PMP Certification (required)
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-09-21