The kitchen assistant is responsible for baking, food preparation and general kitchen sanitation. He/she must have basic knowledge of kitchen equipment including safe knife handling. He/she is also responsible for maintaining a clean cooking and working area. The kitchen assistant fulfills any other duties the managers, assistant manager or shift supervisor assigns and represents Les Moulins La Fayette Hintonburg in a professional manner.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards as directed by Managers
- Follows all food recipes and standard operating procedures especially cooking times for baked goods
- Proficiently prepares paninis, soups, salads, quiches and smoothies in an efficient and expedient manner without comprising on quality
- Responsible for prep work of main kitchen and associated kitchens. Including a.m. line, p.m. line, and special functions
- Responsible for plating of salads and desserts
- Must monitor inventory at all times and report items that need to be reordered to the Manager
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and helping to prepare menu items for breakfast/lunch menu items
- Responsible for maintaining a clean uniform.
- Restocks fridges and walk-in freezer when necessary.
- Routinely cleans the kitchen bar area, floors, meat slicer, grinders, and takes out trash and washroom as per daily cleaning schedule
- Assists in the stock taking of weekly shipments.
- Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
- Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands:
- Entry level position.
- May work special events, as needed.
- Responsible for cleanliness of work area including washing dishes and/or food trays
- Maintains positive morale and professional attitude.
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages
- Bilingual in English and French
- Safe Food handling course certified within the last five years
- 2+ years of experience working in a restaurant kitchen or bakery
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-13
Expected start date: 2023-09-15