Job Description: CNC Operator
CNC Operators set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal, plastic or other materials to make or modify parts or products with precise dimensions. Machining and tooling inspectors inspect machined parts and tooling to maintain quality control standards.
At Acali Marina, CNC Operators collaborate with colleagues and customers to deliver customized enhancements to boats of all sizes using provided digital artwork. The ability to envision new avenues to achieve a customer's vision is required. We pride ourselves on our tag line ‘We can make that work’.
CNC Operator Responsibilities
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planning, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- May set up and program machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
Machining and tooling inspectors
- Verify dimensions of machined parts or tooling using micrometers, verniers, callipers, height gauges or other specialized measuring instruments
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, height gauges and other measuring devices
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor
- Complete and maintain inspection reports
CNC Operator requirements:
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience and industry courses in machining may be required for trade certification.
- 5+ years' experience in machine running
- 5+ years' experience developing cutter paths
- Demonstrated experience in 3 and 5 Axis milling machines
- Demonstrated proficiency in CAD/CAM software
- Demonstrated proficiency in CNC Controllers
- Experience across a variety of CNC machines an asset
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
Acali Place is a seasonal business and experiences increased work activity during the beginning and end of each summer season. As a result, employees may find themselves assigned to work outside of their defined roles on an as-needed basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- LaSalle, ON N9J 2N7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Machine Operator: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-30