Code Reviewer and DevOps – Remote
Are you looking for a stimulating and dynamic job in the surrounding area of Montréal? Would you like to be part of a team that believes in your potential and part of a great company that will help you advance in your career? This is the job for you! We are currently looking for a Code Reviewer and DevOps for one of our clients in the insurance industry.
What is in it for you:
- Hourly salary of $70 to $80, based on experience.
- 06-month contract.
- Full-time (37.50 hours per week).
- Focus on work-life balance to ensure your well-being and productivity (remote work arrangement).
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and professional environment.
- Join a passionate and inclusive team of professionals.
- Organizing and conducting source code reviews.
- Providing review feedback on areas requiring rework.
- Offering comments to developers to facilitate their understanding of issues preventing code promotion.
- Serving as the quality control mechanism for code authored by system integrators and other departments.
- Ensuring that code aligns with the company's development standards.
- Verifying that code complies with the AWS Configuration Framework.
- Reviewing code within the DevOps queue for promotion to higher environments.
- Assessing code associated with AWS CloudFormation and Terraform DevOps tools.
- Evaluating code related to Amazon Connect Contact Flows, Lambda functions (primarily in Python), and services such as DynamoDB tables.
What you will need to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- 2+ years of experience in a code review or peer review role.
- Experienced Code Reviewer.
- Experience with linters and other code review products.
- Experience with DynamoDB tables.
- Experience with Amazon Connect Contact Flows.
- Proficiency in AWS services including Lambda, S3, and DynamoDB.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and services, such as GIT, AWS CloudFormation, and Terraform.
- Familiarity with the code review process.
- Familiarity with source code management systems, like BitBucket.
- Strong development skills in Python (for Lambda functions).
- Good understanding of the AWS services stack.
- Understanding of the quality process in software development.
- Ability to understand code structure and the process for determining its functionality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Passion for helping others learn and improve their coding skills.
Why Recruit Action?
Recruit Action (agency permit: AP-2000003) provides recruitment services through quality support and a personalized approach to job seekers and businesses. Only candidates who match hiring criteria will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $70.00-$80.00 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- AWS Services: 3 years (required)
- Python Code review: 2 years (required)
- Development: 5 years (required)
- System Migration: 1 year (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Montréal, QC H3B 0C1