The Joint Cannabis is looking for someone to support and assist our team members, through growing and developing our HR department! The Joint Cannabis is a leading Cannabis Retailer, operating 15+ locations across the prairies, with continued growth and expansion planned for the foreseeable future. If you are someone who wants to make an impact, and enjoys connecting with people, this is the opportunity for you!
- Maintain and update employee information
- Maintain detailed documentation and records pertaining to HR, including conversations with employees.
- Act as a point of contact for any HR inquiries from staff
- Perform HR duties under the direction of the HR manager
- Conduct investigations on concerns submitted by employees
- Support employee relations and engagement initiatives
- Be proactive and keep up with employee relations
- Assist with recruiting as needed
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Answer and respond to employee and public phone calls and emails. Record messages for senior management.
- Prepare and publish job postings on several job boards and make sure they match open positions
- Schedule and conduct meetings, interviews, and HR-related events as needed.
- Coordinate and participate in the selection process
- Notify successful applicants of next steps and decisions
- Organize and administer on-boarding and arrange training for new hires
- Execute offers of employment and all associated paperwork
- Answer employee questions related to payroll and other HR programs
- Maintain employee files, update employee data in various employee databases
- Auditing Schedules
- Handling Employee Schedule Inquiries
- Monitoring Sign In System
- Coordinating Schedule and Shift Issues
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by departments
Skills * Exposure to Canadian labour law and employment equity regulations.
- Has a creative mindset and is able to think outside the box when mediating difficult situations
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written & oral) skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growing environment
- Ability to remain calm and manage stress during difficult situations
- Has a clear understanding of confidentiality, professionalism and boundaries
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong self-motivation and self-management skills
- Highly detail-oriented, who prioritizes accuracy and quality
- High emotional intelligence
- Highly computer literate with capability in Google Workspace and related business and communication tools.
Qualifications * Must be 19+
- Post secondary education in Human Resources (preferred)
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation (preferred)
- Retail experience is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Previous work experience in the Human Resources field is an asset
- Must be about to maintain a valid drivers license & own vehicle
- Must be able to travel between all cities in which we currently operate in the province
- Current & Valid Cannasell certification
- Must provide us with a current Criminal Background Check
- Primarily Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Some evenings and weekends may be a requirement
- Must be flexible with schedule to meet the needs of the staff
- Overtime hours are available
The Joint Cannabis is continually looking to expand its team and offers a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, with excellent growth potential for all team candidates. Opportunities for rapid advancement available.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $18.50 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Post secondary education in Human Resources
- Leadership: 1 year (preferred)
- Human resources: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person