Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused - check out our communities!
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What is this opportunity? | Why do we have this role?
The Engineering Coordinator (EC) is responsible for coordinating project deliverables with the Operations Centers to ensure the deliverables are on track for on-time completion. Before engaging the Operations Centers, the Engineering Coordinator validates project details and confirms the deliverables that are in scope for engineering services provided by the Operations Centers. During the development of the deliverables, the Engineering Coordinator assists with resolving issues and provides regular updates to the Project Manager on the status of the deliverables.
Engineering Coordinators report to an Engineering Process Manager.
When are you involved?
During the Detailed Planning phase, the Engineering Coordinator reviews the sales estimate and the project scope of work to verify the requirements for design, programming, and graphics. The Engineering Coordinator determines the services needed from the Operations Centers and the schedule for the delivery of those services.
During the development of the deliverables by the Operations Centers, the Engineering Coordinator monitors the progress of the deliverables, facilitates resolution of issues, and provides status updates to the Project Manager.
Who do you support and how?
- Project Manager – The Engineering Coordinator informs the Project Manager of the progress of Operations Center deliverables and assists with resolving issues when they arise.
- Operations Centers – The Engineering Coordinator facilitates the timely response to questions from the Operations Centers so work can progress according to the schedule.
- The role supports Project Managers in the following locations: Toronto/Oakville ON, Vancouver BC, Edmonton AB, Calgary AB, Southwestern ON (SWO).
What will you do? Responsibilities / duties:
- Invite the Center of Competence (CoC) Supervisor to the Project Manager to Engineering Turnover Meeting when the project scope includes CoC deliverables.
- Analyze the sales estimate, scope of work, and programming and graphics requirements to confirm services needed from the Operations Centers.
- Identify and document delivery dates in the Engineering Collaboration Tool (ECT) for Operations Center deliverables based on the project schedule.
- Review and adjust plan costs (if needed) in the Engineering Collaboration Tool (ECT), based on Project Manager inputs.
- Initiate the project in the Engineering Collaboration Tool (ECT) to ensure Operations Center Work Requests (OCWRs) are created for services needed from the Operations Centers.
- Escalate issues to the Engineering Process Manager when required.
- Review assigned Issues & Opportunities in the Engineering Collaboration Tool (ECT) and address questions if possible or engage the appropriate people for resolution.
- Coordinate with the Technical Coordinator to add tasks in the Engineering Collaboration Tool (ECT) that are not part of the standard template.
- Monitor and act on Operations Center deliverables, tasks, Operation Center Work Requests (OCWRs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Issues & Opportunities in time to meet the project schedule.
- Notify the Engineering Process Manager of unresolved issues on the project.
- Provide project updates to the Project Manager.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma, ideally in Engineering, Electronics, or related field
- Minimum 1 year of building automation experience.
- Good knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD, CAD Training, or other engineering design software application.
- Asset: Knowledge of ECT (Engineering Collaboration Tool)
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.