Full Time Employment Opportunity COMPETITION #MLL145/23-24
Reporting to the Director, Technology Planning and Architecture, the Manager, Architecture and Analysis is responsible for ensuring that all Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries Corporation (MBLL) systems are designed in support of MBLL’s projects, business plans and objectives and are based on appropriate architectural decisions that will save long-term costs, improve efficiencies, and streamline operations. The position works with other areas within the organization to plan and deliver information systems that best reflect both the needs of the business and the service units, with main responsibilities focused business system analysis, and solution designs. The incumbent will also be responsible for advancing innovation through the use of new technologies that can benefit MBLL.
- Manage the development and implementation of solution architecture and business systems analysis practices for MBLL.
- Develop and maintain annual and multi-year resourcing plan for architect and business system analyst teams.
- Develop and implement plans in researching new technologies that benefit MBLL.
- Provide input in establishing and implementing an enterprise-wide Information Technology (IT) strategy (MBLL Technology Roadmap).
- Assist in the development, implementation, and ongoing management of a comprehensive, multi- year information technology planning program for MBLL.
- Manage the implementation of strategic, tactical, and operational plans, program elements, goals and objectives, and priorities for the component units of the section. Ensure that the architecture and business system analyst teams work are aligned with these plans and advance the long term ITS strategic plan.
- Define key goals, objectives, and metrics for solution architects and business systems analysts.
- Manage the implementation of strategic actions to sustain a climate of achievement and efficiency in the workplace. Identify the implications of strategic organizational direction to architecture and business system analysis practices.
- Provide input in ensuring that strategic actions are aligned with organizational values.
- Participate in the promotion of strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities (e.g., external IT service providers, regulatory agencies, etc.).
- Develop business continuity plan for architecture and business system analysis operations.
- Lead the intake of all requests for IT consulting services, new systems, and major upgrades.
- Lead and manage the delivery of business system analysis and solution architecture in support of project implementation and operational needs.
- Ensure that all existing, new, and revised systems comply with architectural standards, and with legislative and regulatory requirements regarding data protection and privacy.
- Ensure that the architecture and design of all MBLL systems are considered holistically with the goal of reducing MBLL’s technology footprint and promoting system “re-use”.
- Ensure that business and system analysis artefacts are at highest quality standards.
- Serve as the key advisor to the Director, Technology Planning and Architecture, other ITS Directors, and the Vice President, ITS regarding architecture and business system analysis.
- Assist in developing business cases and cost/benefit analysis for IT spending and initiatives.
- Manage the overall portfolio of work performed within the architecture and business systems analysis teams and make decisions regarding the prioritization of work and ongoing activities.
- Demonstrate consistent and visible support for change, and clearly communicate the vision for what it will accomplish to architecture and business systems analysis teams.
- Help remove organizational barriers to change success.
- Lead the planning, development, and implementation of architecture and business system analysis policies and procedures, and ensure that they are adhered to within and outside the department.
- Manage and facilitate the resolution of issues within the architecture and business system analysis teams. Consult and seek assistance from the Director, Technology Planning and Architecture, other ITS leaders, and other MBLL departments as required.
- Conduct periodic process review to ensure continued process improvement of service delivery: business system analysis, solution architecture, consulting services, and technology innovation.
- Monitor vendor and contracted resources’ performance and in coordination with Procurement, impose penalties and fines where appropriate.
- A degree in computer science, engineering, system analysis, business, or a related field of study, or a combination of education, certification, and industry experience.
- A minimum of fifteen years progressive experience in an information technology domain such as business analysis, system analysis, architecture, project management, IT operations, and infrastructure or combination.
- A minimum of five years supervisory/leadership experience in information technology.
- Experience in long term planning, budgeting, performance monitoring, and the implementation of operational programs.
- Demonstrated project management skills in an Information Systems environment including vendor and contract management experience.
- Knowledge and experience in architectural standards and best practices (TOGAF).
- Knowledge and experience in Business Analysis best practices and processes (BABOK, IIBA).
- Work experience demonstrating achievement of efficiencies, strong leadership and organizational skills, adoption of best practices, strong initiative and ability as a self-starter, and strong human resource management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated political acumen.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills, meeting facilitation, and influencing.
- Experience in building trust and creating excellent working relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Currency with, and demonstrated conceptual understanding of, leading edge technology options.
- Demonstrated ability to develop organizational plans in alignment with organizational direction.
- Demonstrated competency in aligning corporate structure and business systems with organizational values.
- Demonstrated ability to address the root cause of problems to prevent recurrences.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and empower others to overcome difficulties and achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to use the ideas and concepts for other cultures and perspectives in a way that demonstrates understanding and ensures mutually beneficial results.
*** Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We strive to hire a workforce that reflects the community we serve. Employment equity will be considered therefore applicants who identify as women, Indigenous people, members of racialized groups, and persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
If you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know how we can meet your needs.
Salary: $107,889.60 - $143,020.80 annually
Bargaining Unit: EXEMPT
All applications are due by October 10, 2023.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $101,712.00-$134,804.80 per year
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winnipeg, MB
Application deadline: 2023-10-10