Join our trucking maintenance team!
Urban Impact is looking for a Forklift Mechanic to join our busy Trucking Maintenance team in New Westminster.
This is role will appeal to those who have strong mechanical troubleshooting skills. Our ideal candidate must be familiar with LPG and diesel lift trucks, hydraulic systems, electronic controls and must have experience with wheel loaders.
We are interested in people who can perform tasks in a planned, efficient, and calculated manner and occasionally with limited supervision.
This position requires schedule flexibility, including weekends and over-time, and candidates must have reliable transportation.
Successful candidates will have multiple opportunities to advance their skills.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· A British Columbia or Inter provincial journeyman designation as a Forklift Mechanic is an asset
· You are registered 3rd or 4th year apprentice
· You are a talented, skilled and experienced individual who get things done
· You enjoy fixing & repairing equipment
· You have an interest in understanding how equipment works and why things break down
· Two to five years of experience with forklifts/diesel/heavy equipment repair
· Strong trouble shooting skills
· Must be familiar with LPG and diesel lift trucks, hydraulic systems, and electronic controls
· Experience with wheel loaders is also an asset
· A strong mechanical aptitude and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
· The ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems
· Experience working on commercial industrial equipment is an asset
· Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Self-motivated with results driven approach
· Class 5 License with clean drivers abstract
· In possession and proud of your own tool collection
• All applicants must submit apprentice transcripts during interview process
· This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and responsibilities include preventative maintenance, diagnosis, repairs and generally looking after a fleet of 10 forklifts and 4 Wheel Loaders and their attachments
· Perform everything from routine, planned, maintenance to major repairs
· Guarantee high quality in all repairs done
· Complete all work in a timely manner
· Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance procedures
· Assist with new installations and restorations
· Performs all work in accordance following safe work practices and procedures
· Participate in safety inspections, audits and hazard analysis
· Follow and comply with all safety policies and regulations
· Troubleshoot equipment issues and perform immediate repairs and/or fabricate and rebuild parts as necessary
· Install new equipment and overhaul or modify current equipment as required
· Execute work duties efficiently and safely
· Generate parts requests and purchase orders as required
· Complete all daily Technician reports
· Generate and improve job plans, tasks, routes and maintenance standards
· Enforce and maintain maintenance best practices
· Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with company standards
· Available for off-shift calls based on business requirements
· Work shifts are Monday to Friday, 8 hours with the possibility of a flexible start time
We offer a superior compensation package including
· Competitive starting hourly rate
· Pay enhancer after probation and for air brake endorsement
· Performance bonus
· Profit Sharing
· RRSP matching
· Enhanced Health Benefits plan including Medical and Dental coverage
· New Health Savings Account
· Incentives for workplace wellness and health
· And even an incentive for getting to work in an environmentally friendly way
· All staff must be fully vaccinated
· All offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check.
· Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Urban Impact
Urban Impact is a dynamic workplace with a culture that values and promotes learning opportunities. We promote within and have a referral bonus program.
We are a close-knit group, all motivated to work diligently to meet the high expectations of our customers. We strive to make the company a rewarding place to work, where employees feel that they are doing meaningful work and their contributions make a difference.
We offer an exciting, motivating and challenging team environment to fully develop your individual potential. To support continuing growth, we are looking for people with ideas, people who make a difference and are focused on being the best.
We would like to thank you for your interest in Urban Impact. Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Offers of employment are dependent upon the satisfactory results arising from the required security screening for this position:
· Review of the National Safety code Driver's Abstract (N Print)
· Reference Verification
· Criminal Records background check
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $34.72-$39.04 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Westminster, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- mechanical: 2 years (required)
- Journeyman (preferred)
- Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person