Private Equity Fund Accountant - Canada
Pinnacle Fund Services (Pinnacle) is a privately-owned company headquartered in Vancouver that provides high-quality accounting and administrative services to hedge funds, private equity funds, and other investment funds in Canada, the United States and internationally. Pinnacle provides clients with responsive service and provides employees with a dynamic workplace and career growth potential. To deliver service to our growing client base, Pinnacle is seeking outstanding candidates for a Fund Accountant to join our Private Equity Team.
As a Fund Accountant, you will be responsible for supporting the NAV production process for a private equity client portfolio working closely with Senior Fund Accountants and Management. As part of the Private Equity Team, you will work with close-ended Funds specializing in private equity, private debt, real estate and venture capital.
As a Fund Accountant, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to Pinnacle’s growth. We are seeking strong team players, and outgoing individuals who possess a strong work ethic and can take initiative in a growing entrepreneurial company. If you have strong accounting knowledge and want to grow your career in Fund Administration, this role is for you. Please note this will be a remote role (Canada).
- Assisting with the preparation of net asset value calculations on a timely basis, which includes:
- Recording capital activity such as capital calls & distributions
- Recording cash activity and performing cash reconciliations
- Pricing portfolios in accordance with funds’ offering documents
- Ensuring fund income and expenses, including management and performance fees, are accrued for and are in accordance with relevant accounting standards
- Preparing Investor Statements and contract notes
- Supporting the preparation of financial statements
- Supporting year-end audit and tax reporting requests
- Supporting responses to ad-hoc reporting requests as required by clients
- Ability to manage own time and workload effectively, ensuring both internal and external deadlines are met
Desired skills and experience
- Prior fund accounting experience is desired but not required
- Understanding of closed-ended funds is desired but not required
- Accounting designation desired but not required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities, and constant change
- Ability to allocate time effectively and manage tight deadlines
- Prior experience with PFS-Paxus is desired but not required
Why Pinnacle Fund Services?
At Pinnacle Fund Services, we're committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that supports their health, well-being, and professional growth. Here are some of the perks and benefits that set us apart:
Extended Health Benefits
- RRSP Employer Match Program
- Educational Support
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work-Life Balance
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, working with senior management directly
Thank you for your interest in Pinnacle Fund Services. We look forward to meeting you and learning about your next steps in your career.