Luxuria Auto is the leader in providing trusted auto collision repairs. In partnership with the TD Auto Collision Repair Centre, Fix Auto and ProColor Collision, our highly equipped technicians have the specialized knowledge, training, and tools to ensure that customer vehicles are returned in state-of-the-art conditions. Our commitment to quality craftmanship, exemplary customer service and innovative technology are the driving forces behind our exceptional operations.
We are looking for a skilled Painter/Prepper with a keen eye for detail and passion for transforming surfaces to join our rapidly growing team at Luxuria Auto. The successful candidate will complete refinish repairs quickly and efficiently to have the vehicle ready for delivery on the promised due out date for our valued customers. The Painter/Prepper will collaborate effectively with the body department to achieve efficient vehicle flow.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Check all parts for damage and correctness prior to beginning and notifying the Production Manager of any discrepancies.
- Read, understand, and follow R/Os (Repair Orders).
- Execute all activities you are responsible for the R/O - Ensure to notify the Production Manager of any additional damage that does not appear on the R/O.
- Fill out and sign the QC checklist before moving the vehicle to next the department.
- Use repair/refinish products as described by manufacturer (refer to supplier reps and other available resources).
- Maintain and use the equipment properly and in a way that promotes safety for yourself and others.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude, with managers and fellow employees, to create a team-oriented environment.
- Ensure you are prepping all critical components at the same time.
- Inspect projects prior to refinishing to ensure all prep and repair work is complete.
- Follow refinishing operations including cleaning, masking, prepping, application of paint
- materials, etc.
- Clean and smooth surfaces before the application of primer and paint.
- Detailing of paint work such as unmasking, inspection, touch ups, buffing and minor reassembly.
- Prepare the vehicle for paint; sanding, taping and applying primer
- Apply paint using brushes, rollers, or spray guns, ensuring proper coverage and smooth finishes.
- Perform touch-ups and repairs on surfaces, as needed, to maintain a high level of quality.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of manual labor work experience
- Possess a valid drivers' license
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to lift objects of up to 80 lbs is required
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. gloves, safety footwear, facemask, etc.)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination
Luxuria is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing equal opportunity. Embracing diversity, we ensure fair and equitable practices in our hiring decisions.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please Note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$32.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Work Location: In person