The Server is responsible for providing prompt and courteous food & beverage service to the customers patronizing in the Den.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Follows all established Food & Beverage Operating and Cash Handling Procedures.
- Provides prompt service by taking table orders for all food and beverage from the guests and serves in a professional and positive manner.
- Attends to all guest requests, being constantly aware of anticipating the guests’ needs.
- Have thorough menu knowledge.
- Handle cash, balancing float
- Daily inventory of liquor (open, stock & close)
- Communicates daily specials or promotions to guests.
- Helps to ensure the smooth running of all guest’s requirements and needs on each table.
- Clears and sets tables so they are ready for next guests and clear away any used cutlery and plates, etc. Ensures the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Checks cleanliness and responds to guest requests as required.
- Liaises with kitchen and communicates orders efficiently.
- Ensures customer concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner
- Restocks the service areas with condiments, plates, glasses, and other items needed to ensure smooth running of the outlet.
- Utilizes up-selling techniques to maximize outlet profitability.
- Complete daily side duties as assigned.
- Assists with daily, weekly and quarterly inventory.
- Reports, turns in, and/or logs all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Reports all concerns related to Engineering/Maintenance, Health and Safety, Security or Suspicious circumstances (including smells/sights and sound) immediately to the appropriate leader.
- Assists in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as directed.
- Adhere to all standards, including Hygiene and Grooming, Health & Safety, Security etc.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort McMurray, AB T9H 3R2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Smart Serve, SIR or equivalent (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person