Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Effective date, April 24, 2023
Rate of Pay: As per Job Band 5 ($22.96-$27.89)
Closing date for applicants: Midnight, April 2, 2023
Terms and conditions of employment, including wages, are in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Non-Union Employees (AVRCE).
The Human Resources Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Coordinator of Human Resources including data management (Aesop, SAP, seniority, etc.), correspondence, recording secretary for committees, and responding to enquiries by telephone, email, and in person. The Human Resources Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for employees covered by the Nova Scotia Government and General Employees Union (NSGEU).
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Two year secretarial/clerical training at a Community College or equivalent is required.
- Maintaining confidentiality in the handling of sensitive and confidential material and information.
- Proven strong communication skills, collaborative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and accurately on a flexible schedule.
- Knowledge of current office procedures and equipment, bookkeeping and SAP software.
- Advanced facility with computer software including spreadsheets, word processing, data bases.
- Ability to solve problems independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, take initiative and accept responsibility.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Enthusiasm and a pleasant manner.
- Experience assisting with functions, such as, in-service support/planning.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Via phone, person, and email, receive, assess, and respond (where applicable) to inquiries directed to Coordinator of Human Resources.
- Prepare, create, and type letters, memos, agendas, reports, forms, charts, and materials, etc., copy, distribute, file for various meetings and initiatives.
- Advanced capability of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Advanced capability of SAP: organization management (including creating/maintaining/balancing positions), personal administration (including hiring/terminations/leaves), etc.
- Advanced knowledge of SuccessFactors, preparing and processing job postings, onboarding.
- Human Resources related functions such as tracking performance appraisals, reconciling absences, etc.
- Prepare and circulate agenda and minutes.
- Book meeting rooms on-site and at other facilities while planning for any materials.
- Assist Human Resources staff with periodic/seasonal priority issues.
Details regarding the specific responsibilities relating to this position may be obtained by contacting Karen Hughes, Coordinator of Human Resources (902-538-4610).
All applications will be considered in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Non-Union Employees Policy:
- This position is first available to current “Non-Union” employees of the Annapolis Valley Regional Centre for Education.
- Second, this position is available to Employment Equity external candidates.
- Third, if there are no successful candidates from the Employment Equity applicant pool, then other external candidates who are not members of the identified peoples will be considered for this position.
Please include the name of three work-related references with email address, telephone numbers, one of the references shall be your most recent immediate supervisor. Confirmation of your educational qualifications must be included with your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.