ICONIC SPANISH KING STREET RESTAURANT PATRIA IS REOPENING ITS DOORS THIS FALL!!! BE A PART OF THE OPENING TEAM!!!
Reporting to the Pastry Chef/Chef de Cuisine, the PASTRY COOK is responsible for safely creating and preparing pastries required for food service from a sanitary environment. This includes creating the heart of the dining experience, the dessert. The Pastry Cook supports all key areas of the company’s food service and contributes to the guest’s overall experience by creating a delicious and memorable meal.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for preparing high quality pastry items for service in a premium restaurant
- Set up cooking station with all the necessary baking ingredients and equipment
- Ensure the baking inventory is stocked in the kitchen
- Adhere to the recipes provided by the Pastry Chef
- Execute new and exciting pastry dishes with accuracy, speed, and detail
- Perform excellent food presentation and garnishing
- Work with other team members in the restaurant such as Dishwashers, Chefs, as well as Front of House members such as Servers and Expeditors
- Review and inspect product freshness
- Be able to have many culinary skills such as chopping, baking, creating sauces, performing mise en place, etc.
- Keep a clean work station, including equipment and utensils
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Recent graduate or enrolled in pastry culinary program considered an asset
- Minimum two years related experience as a pastry cook preferred
- Food Handling and Health & Safety training considered an asset
- Knowledge of pastry and dessert production
- Strong knife skills and use of kitchen equipment
- Must have a positive attitude and a passion for food
- Strong verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment
- Attention to detail
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism (i.e. punctuality, commitment to the job, well-groomed, etc.)
- Works well independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to bend, stand for long periods of time, and lift heavy materials
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Competitive Wages
- Discounts at all ICONINK Restaurants
- Corporate Goodlife Fitness Rates
- FUN Team and Culture
- Training, Development and Growth Opportunities
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Discounted or free food
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada and have a valid SIN?
- Are you located in Toronto, On?
Work Location: In person