Our client, Advance Paper Box
is a fully integrated folding carton manufacturing facility. Their customers range from food and pharmaceutical manufacturers to computer software and automotive supply companies. If you are looking for a company with growth opportunities
that has a great team environment
this opportunity might be for you! They are looking for a full-time Purchaser
to join their team.
will be responsible to develop and implement strategies for timely procurement, supplier management as well as Raw Material Inventory management that support the goals of the Company, and which contribute to overall operational effectiveness and profitability. You will build and maintain strong vendor relations, as well as negotiating, managing, and ensuring fulfillment of agreements.
- Source and procures materials, supplies, and services that support the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Anticipate current and futures needs for production and inventory min/max levels.
- Drive efforts to reduce total cost by investigating new technologies, alternate materials, or sources, etc.
- Conduct sourcing, usage, and vendor analyses.
- Work to improve quality/performance of materials as required.
- Negotiate contracts and pricing and prepare budgets.
- Manages and reconciles roll stock usage.
- Release/ expedite board stock orders.
- Manages vendor/supplier relationships, monitoring performance and ensuring terms of the contracts are fulfilled. Tracks and resolves service and quality issues.
- Ensure compliance with import and export procedures and cross-border regulations at all times.
- Evaluate existing and potential new suppliers; terminates and enters into new agreements as required. Selects vendors/suppliers on the basis of price, capability, and performance.
- Monitor usage of all raw materials and supplies to determine usage cycles, required inventory levels and reorder timing and requirements.
- Maintain accurate records including price histories and supplier performance.
- Participates and collaborates with cross functional teams to achieve continuous improvement targets
- Post-secondary education and/or professional designation specializing in General Business or Supply Chain management is required.
- 3 or more years’ experience as a purchaser, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong and collaborative relationships internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation, sound judgment and decision-making skills in pressure situations.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, in particular, Excel, as well as MRP systems.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills combined with the ability to prioritize requirements in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- High level of analytical ability and critical thinking to assess problem situations, assess data/trends as well as identify financial efficiencies.
Benefits of the organization:
About Advance Paper Box
- Competitive salary
- Annual Bonus
- 100% Employer paid benefits
- Retirement savings plan
- Sick Leave benefits
- Casual dresscode
- On-site Parking
Advance Paper Box is a family-owned and operated company that has been in business for 50+ years!
Their employees are key in their long and successful existence. They are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. They strive to provide a safe work environment, a sense of identity and a rewarding career opportunity for our employees. Innovation & Excellence for Over 50 Years!
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.jobs.peoplefirsthr.com or by emailing your resume (on MS WORD format) in confidence to Adunia Weldetensaie at [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.