The same philosophy of personal attention that distinguishes Yorkville Education Company as a leading provider of post-secondary education also makes us an exceptional place to work. We are a modern and progressive institution that prioritizes diversity, opens doors to those often overlooked and provides pathways to successful careers.
Yorkville Education LP launched in 2004 with a simple idea: to offer people in search of a purposeful path with the flexible, rigorous and career-focused degrees they need to succeed. With campuses in Ontario, British Columbia and New Brunswick, we equip our online and on-campus graduates from both Yorkville University and Toronto Film School with the professional knowledge, skills and designations that employers seek out. Every member of our team – from the President, right on down to the newest hire – shares a passion for learning, teaching and growing, both as individuals and as a collective. While our focus remains on providing our students with transformative, accessible and flexible higher education pathways, we also nurture an inclusive, supportive and genuinely kind work environment for our employees in three provinces.
If you want to help transform the Canadian post-secondary education landscape and shine a light on academic excellence, please join us.
Who we need:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Applications, the Practicum Advisor is a student-facing team member who works directly with students to assist prior to their practicum placements, process the Applications of students entering the practicum, and assist in special application process.
What you will do:
· Provide direction to pre-practicum students regarding required, time sensitive practicum approval documentation (Practicum Application Package).
· Connect with students during regular office hours via course site forums, remote meeting tools, AskYU, email, or phone to attend to questions related to practicum and the application process.
· Maintain confidential student files, including up-to-date list of assigned pre practicum students and their progression through MACP and various pre practicum phases.
· Manage time-sensitive and confidential practicum documentation and comply with application deadline.
· Review standard Practicum Applications Packages.
· Ensure that approved students have their individual student folder in the Shared Drive.
· Work closely with Associate Director, Applications to ensure accurate student placements.
What you bring:
· Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social sciences, or a related field.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and data management, and can quickly learn other software programs.
· Team player who can work autonomously and manage large volumes of confidential paperwork effectively.
· Able to professionally engage in high-level communications and provide information to professionals at practicum sites, prospective and/or current graduate students, university staff, and faculty.
· Advanced fluency in English – spoken, written, presentation, email.
· High levels of confidence, collaboration, adaptability, empathy, and patience.
· Attuned to serving needs of diverse population of graduate students and can navigate barriers with cultural sensitivity.
· Strong work ethic, discipline, and professionalism.
What’s in it for you:
We provide a transformative, accessible and flexible higher education environment, our team shares a passion for learning, teaching, and growing. We nurture an inclusive, supportive, and diverse work environment throughout our three campus locations.
· Health Benefits
· Dental Coverage
· Competitive Salary
· Retirement Savings Plan
· Fun, competitive, and challenging work environment
· Incentives and rewards
· Career growth
· Free Tuition for all Yorkville University Programs
· Employee and Family Assistance Program
What does the best of all worlds mean at Yorkville Education?
· An atmosphere that successfully blends an entrepreneurial culture with education. We value innovation and continuously look towards expanding our programming, working with the latest research, tools, and solutions. As a private school with government approval of our offerings, we have the opportunity to do more, stay current, and be future-forward.
· The chance to accelerate your career and disrupt education by responding to the needs you see and purposefully challenging the status quo. Everything we do here is about delighting and engaging our employees - and ultimately our students- from mentorship to teaching, from creative outlets to analytical ones.
· A place where all individuals feel welcomed in the academic and workplace environments and can bring their authentic selves to the educational and work spheres. We celebrate the full range of human diversity, and we acknowledge that equal access to opportunities and services may require the removal of barriers that equity-seeking communities experience in trying to obtain this access.
· The opportunity to grow with access to free courses, certifications, and programs - right up to our Doctorate offerings.
· An appreciation for the insights and skills you bring to work with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including a wide breadth of wellness services, and a work-life balance.
We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Yorkville Education Company and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
Yorkville University is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability, please notify Human Resources at 1-877-429-4029.
Job Type: Full-time