BELIEVING, INSPIRING, ACHIEVING
Community Living York South is pleased to offer a leadership role for a team member who is seeking an opportunity for career advancement & skills enhancement within the organization.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING # 23-53
POSITIONS: Full-Time Residential Supervisor Flex (2 Positions Available)
LOCATION: Location may change based on Association’s needs (Tony Wong, Hagermans, MSH, Learning Academy, Marketplace, SIL and TAY)
HOURS: Hours must be flexible to meet the needs of the team and the people receiving support.
REMUNERATION: $60,064.99 plus benefits as per Association Policy
Community Living York South employs over 200 people. Over the last 68 years, we have provided exceptional supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability and their families in our communities of Richmond Hill, Markham, Thornhill, Stouffville and Vaughan.
We are a culturally diverse, heart-centered staff group with strong values of equity, respect and inclusiveness for all people. If those values describe you as well, please check out our current job posting!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive benefits
- Personal satisfaction
- Great learning and growth opportunities
- A diverse workforce representative of our communities
- Recognition of excellence through an awards program
- Annual staff appreciation event that you won’t want to miss!
What You Will Do:
As a Community Living York South Residential Supervisor, you will:
- Commit to and demonstrate the Mission, Vision and Values of Community Living York South.
- Coordinate supports for people with intellectual disabilities to attain their chosen goals, foster relationships, maintain independence and develop skills.
- Flexibility to adjust your work hours to meet program and emergency on call needs
- Coordinate teams to maximize support for people by blending supports, utilizing the skills and talents of all staff, students and volunteers.
- Coordinate, oversee and ensure the implementation of programming with individuals and groups to promote cognitive and physical functioning.
- Provide direct support to people receiving services and to staff teams in facilitating relationships and initiatives (Circles of Support and/or Microboards) to promote a truly inclusive and participatory community life.
- Coordinate and facilitate Individual Support Planning, documentation and achievement of personal goals and outcomes within the team.
- Exemplify professional communication and respectful, caring whole person support.
- Create and model consistent application of positive behavioral support plans; oversee data collection and adherence to plans, as appropriate.
- Schedule and participate in staff hiring, training, evaluating personnel and professional development.
- Provide responsive, motivating leadership to create participatory, outcome directed teams.
- Adhere to program budgets and inform Team Supervisor of deviations or concerns.
- Assure completion of administrative responsibilities as required by Community Living York South and the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
- Build rapport with staff colleagues, families and community representatives to create opportunities with people to realize their aspirations, form social connections and promote personal growth.
- Collaborate with team members to implement activities to meet organizational strategic directions, quality enhancement initiatives, Community Living York South policies and procedures and government legislative requirements.
- Recommend policy and program initiatives that promote self-determination, improve recognition of individual rights and support responsible and reasonable risks as chosen by people in pursuit of outcome achievement.
- Coordinate and monitor procedures and practices to ensure health and safety for all.
- Bachelor of Arts/ Psychology, Developmental Service Worker/Social Service Worker or equivalent, relevant experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to adjust work hours to meet program needs and facilitate outcomes.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to support the on call emergency system.
- Significant experience providing individualized supports with persons with disabilities with an emphasis on promoting people’s independence.
- Ability to speak fluent English and demonstrate comprehension and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote accountability in the pursuit of individual, team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrated achievements in coordinating community resources and accessing government and other resources.
- Demonstrated ability to build a supportive, cohesive team.
- Creative and responsive communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change, maintaining and promoting a positive attitude with self and others.
- Sensitivity and respect for diversity in all areas, including age, culture and language.
- A moderate level of physical effort is required for driving, and regular household chores (lifting, bending, pushing, and pulling). May be required to shovel snow and move furniture occasionally.
- Computer literacy an asset.
- A valid “F” class license, maintenance of an acceptable driving record, access to a reliable and insured vehicle and ability to transport people supported in your vehicle.
- Certification in CPR/First Aid & CPI
- Good attendance, punctuality and flexibility as required meeting the needs of the team and the people supported.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Reporting to: Program Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Please Quote Job Posting: 23-53
Close Date: September 21, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Community Living York South is an equal opportunity employer. Community Living York South will provide, upon request, accommodation to the materials and processes used in the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,064.99 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-21