System Technician – Charlottetown, PE
Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Eastlink is currently seeking a System Technician to join our team in Charlottetown, PE. The successful candidate is required to reside in or be willing to re-locate to this management area.
As a member of an experienced in-field technical team, the System Technician will be responsible providing superior customer service to our customers through both home installation and service/repair. Service/repair consists of identification, troubleshooting and correction of service problems in the outside plant for both forward and return path. This will include any faults found from the mainline through to the customer’s premises, which would impair the operation of Eastlink’s services. Eastlink provides in-house technical, safety and service training which will increase with experience to ensure our Technicians are set up for success and we provide opportunities for advancement and growth through NCTI training.
As the ideal candidate, you are a professional, customer orientated individual who has strong problem solving skills, technical aptitude and enjoys working in a fast paced customer facing work environment.
- Graduation from a recognized Electronics program or equivalent experience;
- Customer service experience;
- Industry repair and maintenance experience is an asset;
- NCTI or SCTE training is considered an asset;
- Ability to work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends, holidays and emergency situations;
- Ability to work standby on a rotating basis;
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions (including snow, rain & cold);
- Ability to work safely aloft from a ladder, or bucket truck near energized equipment and/or power lines;
- Ability to manually lift, push and pull up to 90 lbs;
- Ability to work standby on rotating basis;
- Ability to kneel, crouch and work above shoulders on occasion;
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record (drivers abstract will be requested);
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!