Business Analyst, Reporting & Evaluation, BCEHS
BC Emergency Health Services
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA’s Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. The Business Analyst leads the analysis and documentation of business requirements to support projects for designated programs/services. Works in close collaboration with other stakeholders to develop business systems enhancements, business solutions, or business processes. Functions as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to project team through performing gap analysis of systems and business process mapping including the identification of linkages to other business systems. Provides key contributions to the development of solutions to ensure that business processes and/or project deliverables are consistent, accurate, and timely. Participates in and contributes to strategic planning. Develops project plans for the design, development, and implementation of new business processes, and supports the transition from current systems, practices and processes to an integrated system, common practices, and standardized processes with current or improved functionality.
What you’ll do
- Ensures key results are achieved in accordance with the project plan by analyzing current business systems and processes, generating ideas and formulating recommendations/options, and supporting members of the project in reaching decisions that are within project scope and timelines.
- Implements or contributes to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the project lifecycle. Supports the Manager/Team Lead by providing regular updates on the progress as well as any areas of risk associated with the completion of the project both within the project scope and the timeline. Provides professional expertise to staff, departments, stakeholders, and guidance regarding standard process for project management.
- Reviews, analyzes and defines current/future state processes and contributes to the development of specifications and testing for all identified development, system modifications, and installations.
- Provides user support, advice and orientation. Develops content, as required, for training modules, delivers training, and provides guidance to system users and department staff. Develops and maintains online course content as required. Develops and maintains various business processes, policies and procedures, as well as reference documentation such as user instructions, manuals, and reference materials.
- Provides support to colleagues and users during the development, maintenance and operation of various computer systems by performing duties such as troubleshooting system software problems and testing alternative solutions.
- Participates in the formal data collection and analysis to help identify system deficiencies and/or operational inefficiencies in order to report and develop new ways of improving business efficiencies including the data analysis related to business case developments, project proposals, and other key strategic and transformative initiatives.
What you bring
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science, or a related discipline, plus five (5) years recent related experience which includes project planning, analysis and implementation. Public Service and Health Sector experience and knowledge an asset.
Demonstrated ability to carry out business process mapping and fit gap analysis. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability manage multiple interactions with multiple groups while working on multiple issues at the same time. Superior analytical, problem-solving and system analysis skills. Proven ability to plan and execute projects with stringent timelines. Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Demonstrated ability to provide professional expertise to staff, departments and BCEHS stakeholders, and guidance regarding standard processes for project management. Demonstrated ability to provide user support, advice and training, and other user liaison services.
Skills & Knowledge
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness and development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Salary Range: $65,884 - $94,708 /year. Location: 2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC V5M 4X6
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Hours of Work: 0830 – 1630 (Monday to Friday)
Requisition # 151893
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) provides provincial emergency medical care and patient transfer services.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.