The strength in Middlesex Centre lies with its people. Located just west of the City of London, Middlesex Centre’s rural communities and small towns make it a great place to live, work and play.
Municipality of Middlesex Centre
Community Services Customer Service Representative
Permanent, Part-Time Position, Non-Union
Grow your Future at Middlesex Centre
The Municipality of Middlesex Centre is a thriving, progressive, and welcoming community. Located just west of the City of London, Middlesex Centre’s rural charm and vibrant small towns make it a great place to live, work, and play.
What makes us special? Our team!
We are supportive, inclusive, and collaborative workplace. We take pride in delivering the highest standard of municipal services to our community. We embrace our values of respect, cooperation, innovation, and integrity.
If you are a team player who is passionate about your work and are always looking for ways to improve and grow, then we want to hear from you.
We can offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Participation in OMERS, one of the best defined-benefit pension plans in Canada
- An employee and family assistance program
- A culture that supports ongoing training and professional development.
The Customer Service Representative is a member of the Community Services team and is responsible for providing customer service duties at the Komoka Wellness Centre. This part-time position handles inquiries from residents, problem solves, and receives and processes payments.
- Provides customer service duties at the reception counter. Deals with all contacts in a courteous, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Responds to inquiries and provides information to groups and individuals on facility availability and pricing.
- Issues contracts for all municipal recreational facilities, including parks, arenas, community centres and sports fields using the municipality’s booking software, and assists all customers with program registrations.
- Receives and processes rental payments, ensuring that all revenue collected is consistent with the central booking process and the municipality’s fee by-law.
- Handles cash admissions to recreational skates.
- Provides basic administrative functions such as filing as needed.
- Communicates with other facility staff as required.
- Provides coverage for the Customer Service Coordinator as needed for vacation and/or other absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience working in a customer service-related environment.
- Previous cash handling experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Computer literacy using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills and proficient in servicing clients in person, on the phone, and by email.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and professionalism.
- Able to collaborate with staff at all levels.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Valid Ontario class G driver’s license in good standing.
- Criminal Records Check.
- Vulnerable Sector Check.
Hours & Conditions of Work
This is a part-time position. Normal work hours are typically a combination of Monday to Friday, 10am-3pm, 4-8pm, Saturdays and Sundays 10am-3pm.
This position primarily works in the Komoka Wellness Centre.
Middlesex Centre offers a competitive wage. Compensation for this position is currently $20.54 to $24.45 per hour.
Job Posting #:
September 26, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Middlesex Centre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive recruitment and selection processes. Please advise us in confidence of any accommodations needed to ensure your access to a fair and equitable process.