Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
Calian Health Services is seeking a Physiotherapist for the Canadian Forces Health Services Centre to provide comprehensive consultation, assessment, and treatment in both the physiotherapy section, by booked appointment and walk-ins, and the Care Delivery Unit (CDU) via sick parade and/or consultation, as part of the collaborative practice model. They can benefit by treating clients who are generally very fit and motivated towards their recovery.
- Deliver physiotherapy and rehabilitation interventions using evidence-based approaches and best practices in accordance with applicable regulatory standards and scope of practice
- Carry a full orthopedic caseload of 12-18 patients per day; including 2 New Assessments per 7.5 hour clinical day, and up to 3 follow-up patients per hour. This may include 60 minutes charting time if required, provided the 12-18 patients per day range is still attained
- Provide assessment and treatment of neuro-musculoskeletal conditions resulting mainly from sports and training injuries as well as work injuries and accidents
- Obtain and document informed patient consent for assessment and treatment through an accurate explanation and instruction
- Provide screening assessments, education and orthoses recommendations in a direct access setting such as CDU walk- ins
- Prescribe exercises to optimally rehabilitate and prevent injuries and promote fitness
- Provide manual therapy and soft tissue techniques for neuro- musculoskeletal conditions, scar tissue, muscle tension, circulatory disorders and lymphatic problems
- Utilize pain management techniques that may include acupuncture (needling below the dermis);
- Provide ergonomics education including the provision of on-site assessments in the patient’s workplace
- Provide physiotherapy related education to patients and members of the health care team in topics such as injury prevention and health promotion issues
- Perform Biomechanical Foot Assessments including orthotics fitting and fabrication
- Contribute to the design, preparation and provision of programs integral to the operation of the physiotherapy clinic as a member of the healthcare team for the purpose of education and rehabilitation such as programs specializing in proprioceptive rehabilitation, reintegration, or back pain self-management
- Participate in ongoing management of patient care by presenting cases during inter-disciplinary meetings, attending clinical rounds, conducting patient conferences, and in scheduling additional follow-up care
- Perform daily clinical documentation for all patient interactions in accordance with CF and provincial regulatory body clinical documentation and record keeping requirements
- Current license in good standing from the province of Ontario
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience working in orthopedics or sports medicine and either Manual Therapy Level 2; McKenzie Part B; or Acupuncture Certification such as AFCI or Dry Needling Certification
- Valid certificate of Standard First Aid and Basic Life Support (BLS) to Healthcare Provider or equivalent such as Cardio- pulmonary Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillator (CPA/AED) Level C
- You will be able to obtain a Government Security Clearance at the Reliability level
- A security clearance and/or vulnerable sector screening might be required for this position.
- Our recruiter will walk you through the security clearance requirementand process.
Patient-focused approach to treatment with emphasis on evidence-based rehab and active treatment techniques
Weekday hours, 7:30am – 4pm - no evenings or weekends
Focus on treatment, no billing/marketing responsibilities
Unlimited access to resources for your patients
Motivated patient population
Collaborative multidisciplinary team
In-house and on-base facilities provide extensive access to exercise programing, gym facilities with an array of fitness equipment, custom bracing/orthotics and a variety of specialized military equipment
Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits Package for applicable full time positions