Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
Siemens is looking for an experienced Engineer or Technician to join our team.
The field service electrical technician or Engineer performs supervisory testing and repair work on the power grids, as well as field service work on client sites. Review customer needs on site and advise the Engineering Service Representative/Manager of any additional activities required. Ensure safety requirements, quality requirements, and standards are met based on customer’s needs, the National Building Code, quality assurance procedures and the company’s technical guidelines.
The engineer will also have the following additional responsibilities:
Design, install, and test electrical distribution systems, including circuit breakers, measurement devices, protection systems, etc.
Perform and review electrical network studies, including calculating short-circuit current and assessing the risk of electrical arc flash.
Please note that this position is located in the Trois-Rivières area. You will be required to travel frequently throughout the province of Quebec.
Responsibilities Technician & Engineer
Install and test electrical distribution systems, including circuit breakers, measuring devices, protection systems, etc.
Perform the commissioning of various electrical distribution equipment.
Prepare technical reports to present the results of various tests conducted on the site.
- Achieve productivity and efficiency levels based on established goals.
- Act as a technical liaison with internal and external clients.
- Lead and coordinate engineering projects within time and budget constraints. Monitor and record any discrepancies in performance and work with the manager to create financial reports and establish corrective actions to resolve discrepancies. Manage revenue streams, control all costs, and coordinate the timely production of invoices.
- Lead projects where the primary component is related to electrical products and testing.
Ensure all work performed is in compliance with all standards, the Labour Standards Act, CSA Group standards, EHS policy/program, company procedures, regulations and standards, and customer requirements.
What will you need to succeed?
- College diploma with an option in electrodynamics OR a university degree in electrical engineering
- 5 years minimum of customer service experience with a wide range of industrial solutions clients
- Very good knowledge of equipment, low and medium voltage, protective relays, power grid troubleshooting, equipment installation
- Strong knowledge of industrial solutions systems and related standards
- Proven diagnostic skills, ability to systematically identify and solve technical problems
- Motivated and efficient under pressure
- Very good knowledge of French (written and spoken)
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken), in order to interact with colleagues across the country
- Valid driver’s license (a vehicle will be provided)
- Must be willing to travel frequently throughout Quebec and occasionally across the country.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Déclaration de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.