De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd. (‘DHC’) is a proudly Canadian aerospace company currently transitioning its corporate headquarters to Calgary, AB. DHC is undertaking a consolidation of its underlying subsidiary companies under a single brand currently offering engineering, aftermarket, new aircraft manufacturing, modifications, parts manufacturing, and flight training. DHC currently has approximately 1,200 employees based in BC, AB and ON as well as in markets and distribution hubs world-wide. Our strong entrepreneurial spirit, together with a culture of empowerment, quality and innovation create opportunities to grow and succeed in an organization with a proud heritage and bright future.
The primary purpose of the Customer Service representative is to provide to support our global customers and their fleet of aircraft at De Havilland Aircraft of Canada. We are looking for high energy individuals able to demonstrate strong customer focus, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong communication ability (both verbal and written) and a willingness to be adaptable to a changing environment. You have good initiative and are able to use appropriate judgement in your work, understanding how to prioritize work and adapt when requirements change or deadlines move.
You are a team player wanting to join a group of passionate aviation enthusiasts. Our organization produces and supports a fleet of aircraft with purpose in the world and we look for employees who want to join this effort. You are someone who is willing to be flexible when the work requires you to support the team and in return we commit to ensuring you learn about the business and have opportunities to develop your skills. Successful candidates will be required to become a member of the union.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as primary customer interface for all Order Administrative issues.
- Processes customer orders and quotes in the ERP system.
- Provides support and communication to the customer that includes updates on order status, delivery dates, and shipping information.
- Updates and maintains customer back-order reports, including Critical/C Check Trackers.
- Verifies part numbers against the various technical documents including the IPC, on-line drawings, and maintenance/component manuals.
- Expedites Material Logistics group to obtain delivery commitments that support customer requirements.
- Administers return requests by providing an authorization number and monitoring until a credit is generated.
- All duties may require interaction with internal groups including: Configuration Management, Material Logistics, Pricing, Distribution, In Service Engineering, and Sales to provide information to our customers.
- Expected to adhere to the Export Compliance policies that relate to accepting and processing Customer PO’s.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- High school completion plus additional specialized courses or certificate program of up to one year or equivalent skills level.
- At least 2 years in a customer service role
- Flexible availability to work shift work which includes early mornings, days, late evenings, nights, weekends and/or holidays
- Must have proven customer support experience and facilitation, dispute resolution, and communication skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact directly with customer representatives at all organizational levels.
- Must have good organizational and administrative skills.
- Works with minimum supervision and direction.
- Should be familiar with departments’ functions that support all aspects of order administration.
- Requires good computer skills, knowledge and experience in manual and computerized inventory systems and the ability to use relevant software.
- Previous experience with aircraft or vehicle parts, stores functions and the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and technical manuals an asset.
- One year of experience in an inventory management and distribution environment would be considered an asset.
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. De Havilland will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.