Canlan Sports is the largest private sector owner and operator of recreational sports complexes in North America. The company's success in the recreation-entertainment & hospitality industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming, service delivery leadership and world-class sports complexes. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.
Canlan Sports is currently looking for a Bartender.
Our bartenders are outgoing, positive and team orientated. They provide prompt, courteous and accurate food and beverage service in order to exceed guest expectations.
- Apply advanced knowledge of beverages
- Maintain effective inventory controls of bar products
- Handle payments and gratuities, make change, and process voids through SQUIRREL system accurately
- Maintain knowledge of and actively promote menu, beverages and current promotions
- Ensure all opening / closing procedures are completed (shift dependent)
- Maintain, set and clear tables as required
- Receive product delivery and ensure safe, sanitary and secure storage when required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Smart Serve, Serving It Right, (or equivalent) required
ABILITIES, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous Food & Beverage experience preferred
- Outgoing, positive and team orientated
- Experienced handling payment and gratuities through a POS system (SQUIRREL preferred)
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (evenings & weekends)
If you are interested in learning more and becoming part of the Canlan team please apply online.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices