Armour Transportation System is searching for Apprentices & Licensed Mechanics to join our team. This position is to assist in all manner of truck and trailer repair and maintenance. Join us today as we are currently hiring Apprentices & Licensed Mechanics based in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, & Prince Edward Island.
Why You’ll Love Working for Armour:
- We are offering a compelling Hourly paid compensation and benefit plan, plus premiums and safety bonuses!
- Allowances for safety boots and tools.
- Financial Assistance provided for completion of Apprenticeship Program.
- Comprehensive benefit package
- We have steady employment and offer opportunities for career advancement.
- $1000 sign on bonus
- Referral Bonus!
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
What You’ll Need to Drive with team Armour:
- Registered as an apprentice truck and/or trailer mechanic or licensed journeyman truck and/or trailer mechanic
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Exceptional mechanical knowledge
- Computer skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Additional assets include knowledge of engine diagnostics
- Potential assets could include: experience working with tankers, trucks, dry vans, reefers. and welding experience
What You’ll Do:
- assist with the maintenance of our transport fleet of equipment.
- service and maintain our transport fleet of equipment.
- Work in a Team Environment: A fun, fast-paced, and supportive company culture.
- Work in accordance with all safety procedures, standards and regulations
- Attend and participate in scheduled safety and maintenance meetings
- Professional and service-oriented interactions with all staff
- Perform maintenance tasks and maintain clean work area
- Attend and participate in work-related training and development opportunities
- Review work required from preventative maintenance inspection with supervisor
- Able to complete electronic work orders
- Perform repairs required from preventative maintenance inspection
- Diagnose and communicate required parts to lead-hand or parts coordinator
- Ability to perform annual motor vehicle inspection
About Armour Transportation Systems
Armour Transportation Systems is an award-winning, world-class transportation and logistics company. We are a Platinum member of Canada's Best Managed Companies, and a Top Fleet Employer.
Founded in the early 1930s, Armour Transportation Systems has grown to be one of the largest trucking carriers in Canada, with 26 terminals, 4,000 pieces of equipment, nine maintenance facilities, over 750,000 square feet of warehouse space, and more than 2,000 team members.
Our vision is to be the dominant gateway between Atlantic Canada and the world, realizing profitable growth through leading transportation and logistics solutions, global partnerships, exceptional employees, and strategic acquisitions.
Armour Transportation Systems is committed to the principles of employment equity. The purpose of employment equity is to ensure that no person is denied employment opportunities or benefits for reasons unrelated to ability.
Armour Transportation Systems welcomes applications from Indigenous peoples, African Canadians and other racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your expression of interest for this position.