Director of Operations
Who We Are- Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa is a historic Cape Breton Resort and is located in the heart of Cape Breton Highlands National Park overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Just 2 hours from Sydney, NS and a 5-hour drive from Halifax, the resort has been welcoming guests to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia since July 1940.
Who you Are- You are you a detail-oriented, organized, creative and dynamic individual. Does delivering on the promise of an incredible guest experience that creates memories and wows the guest makes you say "I love my job"!? Is training a team of dedicated food & beverage team members to see the vision and make it happen something you excel at? Then this is the right role for you. This role overseas entire food & beverage operations at the resort including 2 restaurants, 2 bars and events and conference space.
· Oversight of Food and Beverage & Rooms Division Operations at the resort including Events, Banquets, Outlets, Kitchen, Front Desk and Housekeeping.
· Champion all guest feedback across the resort including responses to in house surveys and feedback received on all social media platforms.
· In collaboration with the General Manager and Director of Sales work on developing the events strategy for the resort including concept development and eventual execution
· Creating and enforcing departmental policy and procedure.
· Creating and managing a training program for the areas under responsibility.
· Scheduling the F+B & Rooms Division Departments or delegating this task to an individual of their choosing while still being accountable for the department’s performance
· Responsible for liaising with the Conference Services Manager, the Executive Chef, the Banquet Manager and the Outlets Manager/Supervisor to ensure that service standards and quality of events are executed in an efficient and mutually acceptable manner.
· Enforcing and executing disciplinary measures as well as managing inter - and intra - departmental associate relationships.
· Responsible for group and individual guest satisfaction
· Responsible for care and upkeep of Food and Beverage space and equipment, regular repair lists, special cleaning projects, and equipment replacement should all be coordinated on a regular basis.
· Ensuring all Associates job satisfaction expectations are met.
· Be aware of upcoming groups and major conventions through the year
· Lead in controlling food, labour & operating costs across the divisions.
· Set and achieve financial milestones as approved by the General Manager.
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
· Assist to attract, retain and motivate all associates. Hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
· Oversee departmental matters as they relate to local and hotel employment standards.
· Stepping in as a Manager on Duty, dealing with day-to-day as required
· Other duties and tasks as assigned
· Must possess outstanding, pro-active guest service skills, pride for the resort, a professional presentation and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Minimum 8 years resort food & beverage experience in a variety of roles
· Must be willing to work all evening, weekend and late nights' shifts as required.
· Previous food and beverage experience in a high-volume establishment.
· Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs as well as good user of food & beverage PoS systems
· Work well under pressure and as part of a professional team.
· Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
· A bachelor's degree in hotel management or food & beverage administration or similar fields of study
Terms of Employment: full-time, permanent
Hours per week: Minimum 40 hours per week, including weekends, holidays, morning, afternoon or evening shifts.
Language of Work: English
Work Location: 383 Keltic Inn Rd, Middle Head Peninsula, Ingonish Beach, Nova Scotia, B0C 1L0
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000 per year, based on experience.
Bonus: A bonus of $10,000 is paid on your second work anniversary
Benefits: Discounted green fees at Cape Breton Highlands Links, subsidized staff accommodation, subsidized staff meal program.
How to Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include “Director of Operations” in the subject line .
Keltic Lodge at the Highlands is owned and operated by GolfNorth Properties Inc., located at 400 Golf Course Road, Conestogo, Ontario. For more information about our company and golf courses, visit golfnorth.ca. Keltic Lodge at the Highlands is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply, including individuals from underrepresented groups: Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person