We’re committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD IT Application Support covers business segment CIO technology areas or shared services technology functions. These experts interact closely with those within the Infrastructure Technology Solutions space. With a heightened focus on developing, implementing standard support models and processes using industry best practices, this role is responsible for production support, troubleshooting incident and problem management, service transition, IT change management and deployment and release management.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to provide a broad range of systems and application support, research and analysis, administration, performance availability monitoring and management.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Perform controlled incident resolution including prioritization and escalation, involving business and technology partners as appropriate.
- Service applications and systems, provide application, systems, operational availability levels that meet or exceed standards and service levels already established, while minimizing operational risk.
- Promptly schedule packaging and release new applications in a timely manner, reduce change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams (while working with stakeholders as appropriate).
- Strive to improve production environment stability by working with others to set up, maintain and monitor applications and systems, while meeting availability targets.
- Provide prompt, effective day-to-day support, accurately identify and resolve issues, perform controlled and timely incident resolution all while making client satisfaction a top priority.
- Deliver effective and defect-free support (application, software and operations), research system issues and opportunities, recommend changes, oversee execution, keep accurate documentation.
- Design, review, integrate application requirements (e.g. functional, security, integration, performance, quality, operations).
- Address application, cross-capability and cross-release issues.
- Gain understanding of technical aspects of project and break-fix development related to the application, advise developers and solution designers.
- Assume incident management role (communicator, tracker, escalator, driver, etc.).
- Monitor system life cycles, ensure both specs and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, re-develop as required.
- Use meaningful metrics to monitor environment performance.
- Improve performance and resource utilization by assessing and analyzing opportunities to optimize the operational environment.
- Follow established processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines; plan, monitor and escalate issues as required.
- Comply with both disaster and business recovery plans (and help define, review and test these plans).
- Identify/implement process improvements to enhance revenue, customer experience and reduce costs.
- Respect TD’s technology delivery practices, standards, project management disciplines.
- Make effective use of cost management processes in place within your own unit.
- Support business case development, RFI/RFP and SLAs with vendors.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Work experience with Java Development/Support on Cloud and API technologies (blueprints and application cloud deployments), Spring, REST API
- Proficiency with Angular 11 or higher, React
- Experience with XML and JSON technologies
- Database experience (Oracle, SQL)
- Experience with GIT, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Confluence and JIRA
- Experience debugging applications, troubleshooting, log analysis (Splunk or equivalent)
- Hands on keyboard experience on Linux, Shell Scripting
- Experience with Agile delivery methodology
- Familiar with file transfer technologies and protocols, TIBCO/EBX, SMTP gateways or similar technologies is an asset
- Familiar with job scheduling software AutoSys or similar technologies is an asset
- Experience with Service Now is considered an asset.
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with Apache Hive, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka would be an asset
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (TD Cloud (OpenStack/VMC), Azure or AWS) would be an asset
- May need weekend or after office hour support
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD we’re guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!