Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projectsof this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainablybuilding the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our peopleare at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
What is the Opportunity?
The Hayter Group, an Aecon Group company, is bringing energy solutions to residential customers in Ontario. This includes a wide range of heating/cooling solutions such as furnace, geothermal, heat pump products and solar solutions for both new build and retrofit homes.
The HVAC Sales Representative will report to the Sales Manager to build the business in residential heating and cooling technologies by selling HVAC products including but not limited heat pump, furnace, air conditioners, water heater to residential homeowners.
This position is accountable for assessing, sizing, pricing and presenting HVAC solutions in the residential sector and obtain new business in the HVAC market through inbound and self-generated leads. This position requires an individual with a successful tenure in B2B technical sales and preferably a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems, problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate complex technical information in clear, concise and understandable manner.
What You Will Do Here:
- Build and maintain long term customer relationships.
- Provide effective and efficient delivery of customer-based utilization services for equipment selection, by sizing, quoting, selling to the customer, and ensuring the equipment is installed as per our customer’s request with professionalism and excellent customer service.
- Manage inbound leads to size, scope and assess the technical and physical replacement requirements.
- Prepare pricing, proposals, contracts and assist with project coordination and customer communication where required.
- Maintain a CRM database for accounts and opportunities, as well as the collection of customer information and general market intelligence.
- Conduct canvassing and selling to new and existing customers.
- Deliver excellent customer service based on a thorough understanding of the operating model.
- Manage and resolve customer issues and concerns.
- Provide financial KPI around pricing and margins.
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or equivalent working experience.
- 2-5 years of sales experience or a customer facing role.
- Good computer skills is considered an asset.
- Industry knowledge in a sales capacity is considered an asset.
- HRAI Certification for HVAC programs and designs is considered an asset.
- Proven results on delivery of performance objectives and sales targets (meeting or exceeding goals).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- In home sales experience is considered an asset.
- Proven results on delivery of performance objectives and quality targets.
- Ability to work flexible working hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- What is your salary expectation for this role?
- sales: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person