Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
Sprott Shaw College is one of the oldest colleges in British Columbia with over 120 years of storied history. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
This is a hands-on, mid-level administrative and service focused role, suited for those with a long-term goal in management and eventually in campus leadership. The ideal candidate is someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is organized and able to problem solve.
Under the direct guidance of the Campus Director, the Associate Director undertakes duties as assigned, and deputizes for the Director if and when needed. The Associate Director may also need to instruct if and when required. The Associate Director encourages and reinforces a student-focused campus culture.
- Duties as assigned by the Campus Director which may include providing leadership in campus operations, and in campus staff and student management.
- If Instruction is required, adherence to the guidelines of the Instructor Handbook
- Ensure that all school policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that the campus is clean, safe, and free of hazards by conducting regular safety inspections
- Provide oversight of Campus administration including ensuring that all matters of compliance are being adhered to
- Assist with program scheduling and ensure physical resources such as classroom space, textbooks, and equipment meet the programs’ needs
- Review student courses and teacher evaluations and address any concerns (in consultation with the Campus Director)
- Recruit and train instructional and support staff
- Conduct performance appraisals and be responsible for the performance management of support staff (in consultation with the Campus Director)
- Address any student queries or concerns
- Deputise for the Campus Director when required
Qualifications and Education
- Undergraduate degree or professional designation accompanied by two years of experience in education or teaching; OR a five-year combination of academic and related experience (supervisory experience preferred); OR completed graduate studies in Education, Business or a relevant subject matter with one year of related experience
- Knowledge of post-secondary education procedures (including instructing experience) and policies
- Knowledge of financial models would be beneficial
- Reliable means of transportation is a must
- Knowledge of MS Office and database systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Planning and organizing
- Networking and relationship building
What We Offer
- Reimbursement of practicing license or professional association membership fees
- Education and training allowance
- Tuition discount for spouse and children
- Comprehensive extended health benefits
- Disability and life insurance
- RRSP matching
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Work-life balance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, national/ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, and/or disability.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6A 4C1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person