Before You Apply, Please Note:
- Do Not Call: We kindly request that you refrain from making phone inquiries regarding your application status. We will only contact candidates who have been shortlisted for further consideration.
- Local Candidates: To be eligible for this position, applicants must reside locally within our specified area.
- In-Person Interview: Qualified candidates should be prepared to attend an in-person interview at our head office, conveniently located in Nanaimo, BC.
- Pre-Screening Questions: Please complete all the pre-screening questions; Your application won't be considered otherwise.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in adhering to these guidelines. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
SCS Manufacturing, Inc., a division of The Hazelwood Group, is seeking a full-time Labourer to join our team of hard-working, dedicated staff at our production facility in South Nanaimo, BC.
Our ideal candidate has at least two years of experience and isn’t afraid of a fast-paced, lean manufacturing environment. We manufacture everything from small parts to steel gravel boxes, so speed, accuracy, and attention to detail are desired traits.
Benefits of Employment – Why work at SCS?
- Compressed work week (Monday to Thursday, 10-hour days).
- Matching RRSP contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Benefits after 3 months (health & dental premiums are 100% employer-paid).
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Priority access to TELUS Health Virtual Care (access to a Doctor 24/7, 365 days a year).
- Annual financial donations to volunteer organizations directly supported by our employees.
- Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Supportive, respectful, and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
- $20-$24 per hour, with room for more if experience and skill warrant it.
The Labourer at SCS is responsible for a variety of duties including loading, unloading, moving products and materials to designated locations in the warehouse, and assisting in picking and placing materials orders. This position is an important of the team, requiring the successful candidate to ensure received orders are accurate, and confirming that all inventory transactions are completed and documented. Other duties will involve helping out in various areas around the shop such as paint prep, clean-up, and yard maintenance.
- Load, unload, and move products and materials by hand or equipment.
- Use a forklift and other industrial equipment for unloading and moving products when needed.
- May perform other activities such as assisting in taking inventory and weighing/checking materials.
- Pick orders and prepare for shipping, including: stacking, wrapping, and crating products.
- Pick material from warehouse for outbound orders, and ensure they are high quality materials being shipped.
- Participate in clean-up and maintenance.
- Perform other handling duties such as: counting, weighing, and sorting.
- Put away received materials to proper storage locations
- Confirm inventory transactions are complete.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience working as a materials handler in a warehouse/shipping environment.
- WHMIS certification.
- Forklift operator's license.
- Able to operate a manual and an electric pallet truck.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- A minimum secondary school education.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of safe lifting and handling techniques.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and/or supplies in excess of 50 pounds.
SCS Manufacturing, Inc. is a central Vancouver Island manufacturer of Waste Containers, Flat Decks, Gravel Boxes, and open-top containers. SCS also provides custom fabrication and design services to our clients. SCS services the Waste, Construction, Oil and Gas, Forestry, and Mining industries in Western Canada and Alaska.
Thank you for considering a career opportunity with The Hazelwood Group. We appreciate your interest in joining our team. Before you proceed with your application, please take note of the following important points:
Application Submission: The submission of your resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Our hiring process is designed to identify the most qualified candidates who align with our organization's needs.
Minimum Requirements: We encourage qualified applicants to apply for our open positions. However, to be considered, you must meet the minimum requirements related to the skills and qualifications specified in the job posting.
Legally Entitled to Work in Canada: Please be aware that you must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply for a position with The Hazelwood Group. Our organization does not possess a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support the hiring of foreign workers.
Acknowledgment: We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants in pursuing career opportunities with The Hazelwood Group. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will receive a response to their application.
We look forward to considering your application if you meet the qualifications for our current job openings. Your interest in our organization is valued, and we wish you success in your job search.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- SCS is not accessible by transit. Do you have reliable transportation?
- Are you currently located in the Nanaimo area?
- Forklift Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person