Come join the Canadian Linen & Uniform Services family as a PRODUCTION TEAMMATE!We offer COMPETITIVE wages, GREAT benefits, FUN environment, Paid time off, Paid holidays, Retirement plans, Employee stock purchase plan, Employee discounts, Referral bonuses, and more!
We would love to WELCOME YOU HOME –where you will be part of a FUNteam, with a TEAMculture! Apply now to learn more! We can’t wait to hear from you!
WHO WE ARE
Canadian Linen & Uniform Services (CL) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, CL works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. CL operates from many locations nationwide.
The ideal candidate for this position will need to be able to be cross trained to perform a variety of tasks that may include receive and sort laundry, inspect garment/coverall for all mending needs, operate equipment such as dryers and ironers, and bundling of clean garments to be re-distributed to our customers.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Work in assigned area of production responsibility as scheduled in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist fellow production teammates by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to work assigned shift-attendance is required
- Basic math reasoning skills
- Lifting Ability: up to 25-50 pounds continuously; Push/Pull Ability: up to 150 pounds assisted
- Able to Stand/Walk/Sit for 8-10 hours a day
- Capability to work in a fast-paced work environment that may have fluctuating temperatures and loud noise levels while working with machinery in a safe and conscientious manner
- Must be able to adhere to safety standards
- Prior experience in an industrial laundry or production environment preferred
- Capability of understanding work instructions in English preferred
DEPARTMENTS AND DUTIES -Quality workmanship, teamwork and regular attendance are essential in these roles:
Soil Operations: Receive, scan, and inspect bags of soiled garments. Sort garments into push carts to delivery to wash and dry departments.
Dry Fold: Inspect clean product and feed through folding/bagging machines or hand fold as needed.
Garments: Sort garments and process according to steam tunnel, iron, or finishing requirements.
Mending: Inspect garments, perform sewing repairs by hand or via sewing machine.
Mat: Roll and store mats using rolling machine. Fulfill mat orders for route preparation.
Iron Operations: Inspect product and feed through iron machine for processing.
Bundling: Count and bundle finished garments/products for customer delivery. Load garments/products onto distribution trucks or other equipment for delivery.
Wash Aisle: Operate wash aisle equipment to load/unload, follow schedule requirements and monitor quality.
Canadian Linen is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, relation, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.