ABOUT SIGFUSSON NORTHERN:
Sigfusson Northern is a third-generation family-owned business, which now has a portion of the company being employee-owned. Our primary focus is on building strong and lasting relationships with our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Ongoing growth and diversification have led Sigfusson Northern to the forefront of general contracting and heavy civil construction where we incorporate trust, respect, integrity, and commitment to our community in every decision we make and everything we do.
Reporting to the Site Foreman of our General Contracting division, the Carpenter will carry out general carpentry duties as well as provide support to the concrete foreman. This is a rotational based position that requires 21 days on 7 days off. Camp accommodations and meals provided.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Correctly interpret blueprints, specifications, and project plans
- Provide support to concrete foreman with project layout and elevation shooting
- Erecting/building scaffolding and ladders needed to assemble structures
- Installing formwork associated with concrete foundations, walls, slabs, columns, elevated decks, and site concrete
- Take the measurements and cut materials to build forms for pouring concrete
- Responsible for operating electrical, air-powered, and regular hand tools during projects
- Spread, rake, and finish concrete
- Provide support with fabrication during projects
- Provide labour support to other workers as needed or as assigned by supervisors
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Carpenter Apprenticeship Level 3 – 4 or Red Seal
- 3 years minimum experience as a carpenter in the ICI sector
- Experience working on water treatment plant or sewage treatment plant projects would be considered an asset
- Working with Cam-Lock and Coil Rod formwork systems would be considered an asset
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including standing for long periods of time and lifting heavy loads
- Ensure safety is a top priority at all times
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to self-start and take initiative on tasks
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Must hold a valid class 5 driver’s license
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements for the role, please click Apply and send your resume directly to Corie McKay.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Are you currently living in Canada?
- carpentry: 2 years (required)
Work Location: On the road