Avenue Living Communities is Western Canada's fastest-growing private rental properties operator, with an expanding presence in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
Communities is in our name because we believe in bringing people together and building relationships, we are proud of every day. Our core values guide our actions, and our people bring our mission to life. We are committed to providing safe and welcoming accommodations while being responsive to our resident’s needs with efficient execution.
Our innovative teams work together to deliver both quality and value to our residents as we pride ourselves in creating communities that are safe and comfortable place to call home.
What We Are About
At Avenue Living Communities, we ensure our team members are provided with a place to develop careers that are challenging and rewarding so everyone can realize their full potential. We know our people are our biggest brand ambassadors and create our culture. We believe when we take care of our team members, they can then extend that Duty of Care to our residents and business partners.
We look for team members who are collaborative, creative, and In It Together. Individuals who are accountable, consistent, resourceful, and responsive. Those who can take initiative, seek feedback and demonstrate grit in overcoming challenges and adapting to change.
Green Is More Than Just Our Colour
If you are wondering if the grass is greener here at Avenue Living Communities, you can take comfort in knowing that through our common purpose we build relationships we are proud of every day.
By focusing on leadership excellence, employee engagement, and quality service- combined with a continuous improvement mindset, we give you the green light to create meaningful connections and memorable experiences. Fostering a positive environment where people feel energized and empowered to have sustainable results.
In addition to our team members, we also want our planet to thrive. Avenue Living Communities is committed to a green future by enhancing our properties with features such as environmentally friendly water management procedures, improved heating and cooling systems, solar panels, and upgraded air filtration technology.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Deliver excellent customer service to develop and maintain long-term relationships with our valued residents.
- Provide administrative support to the Residential Portfolio Manager and Maintenance Associates.
- Pre-qualify prospective residents to align with building demographic, conduct showings of our vacant suites, and quickly close sales with prospective residents, driving revenue through achievement of leasing goals.
- High level of community engagement through building relationships among local businesses, schools and community groups and developing ways to best market these communities.
- Maintain inventory knowledge including availability of suite types, layouts, common areas and amenities of the building and their surrounding neighborhoods.
- Complete accurate, detailed reporting of resident applications, leases and move in/out inspections.
- Upload documents to Yardi Voyager (Yardi), complete move-in/outs in Yardi, and batch collected payments in Yardi.
- Create purchase orders and work orders in our systems as required.
- Collect, deposit, and record all rent collections.
- Prepare and print outstanding balance, eviction, a notice of entry, and non-sufficient fund notices.
- Administer inventory through data entry and regular WO status updates.
- Set monthly sales targets and understand sales metrics and the importance of hitting monthly targets. Track progress and results by keeping accurate records of activities
- Other duties as required.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- 3-5 years in a customer service and/or property management sales role.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager and Yardi Rent Café software would be an asset.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours.
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation (required).
- A clean driver’s abstract.
- Must complete & pass a criminal record check.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- We live and breathe our core values. We go the extra mile. We’re honest. We always have each other's back. We have tons of integrity. And we always own it and adapt – no matter the challenge.
- With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make.
- We provide a competitive compensation package comprised of a group benefits plan, GRSP Matching Program, and discretionary bonus program for select roles.
- We are committed to a strong safety work environment.
What makes us different makes us stronger. We want Avenue Living to be a great place to work for everyone; where people feel safe, included, inspired, trusted and supported so they can be, and bring, their best.
We’re committed to creating a respectful and inclusive workplace where unique perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, cultures and attributes are valued and utilized to help achieve better results. As an organization with operations across different geographies, we celebrate the fact that our workforce is made up of people with diverse demographics.
We are committed to ensuring our workplace is fair, equitable and free of discrimination and harassment.