At FlexNetworks, we’re flexible, fast, and work from home….and we’re looking for an Experienced Procurement Manager to help us continue our mission of bringing high-speed fibre internet to key Canadian Markets.
The Procurement Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing all procurement, inventory management, and logistics operations across our operating territories.
This role will play a critical role in managing supplier relationships, streamlining purchasing and delivery processes, and ensuring effective and efficient management of inventory. If process ownership, inventory management, competitive bidding and vendor contract negotiations set your heart on fire—we want to hear from you!
What You Bring:
As our Procurement Manager, you'll understand the factors that drive procurement management in a high-growth, cost-conscious telecom setting. You are a fantastic communicator and hands-on manager who thrives on process and organization. Additionally, you'll bring:
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or a related field.
· 3+ years Telecom industry experience
· Professional certification (CIPS, CPSM, CSCP) preferred.
· Experience in Oracle/Netsuite and/or Procuredesk highly preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement, with at least 2 years in function management.
What You’ll Do:
1. Procurement: Source, negotiate, and acquire goods and services in a timely and cost-effective manner from reliable suppliers. Manage and streamline the receipt process of these materials.
2. Internal Communication: Liaise with internal customers to explore and identify opportunities for value-addition. Provide regular updates on procurement, inventory and logistics status.
3. Order Processing: Manage the processing of purchase orders, addressing overdue orders or lost deliveries with prompt follow-up. Regularly review status reports to identify areas of concern and initiate corrective action.
4. Bid Process & Contracts: Assist in preparing competitive bid documents and manage RFP response processes. Finalize negotiations and prepare debriefing documents after obtaining appropriate approvals.
5. Logistics Management: Develop and direct logistics processes and establish ongoing improvement plans for freight management, vendor routing, and carrier management as required for products located at owned and hosted vendor locations.
6. Inventory Management: Oversee physical inventory counts during established timelines and maintain record of current inventory and usage tracking through the year.
7. Reporting: Regularly communicate with finance regarding cycle count and year-end count requirements. Update the management team about potential issues, concerns, and challenges that may impact business activity.
8. Capital Efficiency Management: Regularly analyze spending patterns and conduct cost-benefit analyses to identify opportunities for improved capital efficiency. Implement strategies to optimize procurement spending and inventory management, minimizing waste and unnecessary costs. Provide regular reports to the management team on capital expenditure and forecasted spending needs, while ensuring the procurement strategy aligns with the company's overall financial objectives.
What we offer you:
Aside from a respectful work environment that will provide you support, growth and autonomy, we offer a fantastic group benefit program, RRSP matching and annual bonus opportunities. In addition, you'll have access to:
· Learning and Growth programs
· Home internet reimbursements
· Above average Vacation, Sick and personal leave (all paid)
· Flexible work arrangements
· Flexible bereavement leave
· Volunteer opportunities
· 100% Employer-paid health and dental
· *Flexible Hybrid work environment for Candidates in Saskatoon, WFH in all other markets (ON, MB, SK)
If this position sounds like you, please submit your resume no later than 4pm September 29th, 2023, for consideration. We will advise both selected and non-selected candidates if their status in early August.
Don't meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At FlexNetworks, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. If you feel you meet 80% of the criteria, we encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at FlexNetworks and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $94,000.00-$115,000.00 per year