Job Description: General Manager Maintenance & Engineering
AV Terrace Bay is an exciting and innovative company, converting to the unique global market of viscose fibre. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, AV Terrace Bay’s focus is to produce pulp products.
The Aditya Birla Group is a USD 45 Billion corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries and 6 contents, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force with 130 manufacturing units consisting of 140,000+ employees.
The community of Terrace Bay, Ontario has a lot of charm and has much to offer to individuals and families. For the outdoor enthusiasts, there are multiple hiking trails, rivers and lakes and plentiful wildlife. The town offers multiple services: a hospital, schools (elementary and high school), a recreation and fitness center and even a ski hill. For more information about the town of Terrace Bay, please visit their website: www.terracebay.ca
Job Position: General Manager Maintenance & Engineering
Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Location: Terrace Bay, ON Ontario.
The position shall report to the Head of Manufacturing. The successful candidate will lead a dynamic team consisting of 31 Staff and 97 Tradespeople.
The General Manager Maintenance & Engineering is responsible to manage the effective delivery of engineering services and maintenance services to operations. To guarantee equipment reliability and functionality, to support the achievement of uptime and productivity targets. Assuring cost, health & safety, environment, quality and human resources objectives are achieved. Ensure compliance per corporate principles, guidelines and applicable legislation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To minimize downtime and improve reliability by effective preventive maintenance system in the Kraft Mill.
- To ensure for equipment history and maintenance scheduling as per OEM recommendations.
- To execute capital projects within cost and time limits with best engineering practices.
- To Manage department manpower and resources to get the job done
- To optimize maintenance cost by effective resource planning.
- To Plan and execute shutdown and critical jobs in coordination with production department.
- Effective Spare Part planning and optimizing inventory levels.
- To lead engineering team for detailed engineering plans, procurement, shutdown & major repairs.
- To create & promote innovative maintenance culture across maintenance department.
- To develop and promote a cost reduction program and support cost savings initiatives.
- To ensure for world-class maintenance systems that exceed local safety and environmental regulations. Promote a safety culture, implement and maintain health, safety and housekeeping programs.
- Skills analysis, to develop competencies by way of mentoring, coaching and training in coordination with HR.
- Develop team members and execute HR processes.
- Comply with collective agreement while fostering sound union/management employee relations. Provide leadership to department personnel to address their day-to-day operating and maintenance issues.
- Ensure direct reports demonstrate effectiveness in role are provided development opportunities.
Education: Minimum of 2 years’ post-secondary education. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering will be preferred.
Experience: Experience in a Kraft Mill or comparable manufacturing industry with 5+ years in a similar capacity & a minimum 10 years of experience in a continuous process industry.
High level of integrity and conviction.
Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities.
Language requirement: English.
Why AV Terrace Bay?
With AV Terrace Bay, you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Terrace Bay offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application.
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ontario: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Pulp & Paper Manufacturing: 5 years (required)
- continuous process industry: 10 years (required)
Work Location: On the road