North of 53 Co-op is hiring a Food Store Manager on a permanent basis, onsite out of the Food Store in Flin Flon, MB.
Are you passionate about improving customer service, program execution, and company profitability? Do you have management experience and are looking to take the next step in your retail career? North of 53 Co-op has the perfect opportunity for you!
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the overall operations of the Food Store Departments.
- Responsible for providing strategic direction to Food Store Team Leaders and Members to ensure safe, effective operations and processes.
- Work collaboratively with the General Manager and Department Managers to determine current and future capabilities required for effective execution of merchandising, marketing, talent development, and driving sales.
Who you’ll work with:
The Team: You will work closely with the Grocery, Meat, Produce, and Bakery/Deli Department Managers and the General Manager, who you will report to. This hard working and energetic team strive to cultivate a culture of dedication.
The Community: The City of Flin Flon is a unique northern-urban community. Located north of the 54th parallel of latitude, the city was built on an old volcanic belt making it a vacationer’s dream destination. From camping and fishing, hiking, quadding or skidooing there’s always something to do while nestled in the middle of nature's magnificence. Flin Flon has approximately 5,000 people, with about 200 of those being in Saskatchewan, making the city one of two border communities in Canada.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Retail Store Operations and:
- Have 3 to 5 years of management experience (particularly in a retail setting).
- Have experience in a unionized environment. Considered an asset.
- Are technically savvy with an aptitude for common software.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are highly motivated and organized.
- Are honest, trustworthy, results-orientated, and strive to be the best in what you do.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan.
- Encouragement to take advantage of learning opportunities to grow and develop as a Team Member.
- As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and what we offer, visit https://www.northof53co-op.crs.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to ensure an enjoyable candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your requests to us via retailtalentacquisit[email protected]. All information received will be kept confidential.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by October 23, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. FCLHP
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all team members and guests to feel at home.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person