Are you a tech-savvy problem solver with a passion for helping others? We're on the lookout for a dedicated and proactive Entry-Level MIS/IT Help Desk Analyst to join our team.
In this hands-on role, you'll be the go-to person for resolving computer-related issues, ensuring seamless operations for our employees. If you're ready to kickstart your IT career, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Why Join Us:
- a single day shift, working 40 hours a week.
- Unlock the potential for career advancement and development in a supportive environment.
- Thrive in a collaborative atmosphere alongside experienced professionals.
- Benefit from exclusive discounts on Danby products!
- Efficiently document end user issues in our ticketing system.
- Build rapport with users to extract detailed information about their technical issues.
- Prioritize and schedule problem resolutions, escalating complex issues to experienced analysts through the ticketing system.
- Keep a detailed record of the entire help desk request process, from initial inquiry to successful resolution.
- Utilize online resources, such as Technical Documentations and knowledge bases, to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Perform hands-on support tasks, including software installations, hardware upgrades, system configurations, and more.
- Thoroughly test solutions to ensure problems are effectively resolved.
- Follow up with users after resolution to ensure satisfaction.
- Analyze documented resolutions and identify trends for proactive problem prevention.
- Set up workstations for employees, including monitors, peripherals, and other IT equipment, following Danby standards.
- Provide hardware support for end-user equipment, such as installing or upgrading hardware.
- A technical diploma or degree in Information Technology or a related field, or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Previous experience in a Help Desk or IT Service Desk/Inbound Call Center environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft 365.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional customer service skills with effective verbal and written communication.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, Active/Azure directory, and networking.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision.
- Capability to manage various tasks simultaneously while aligning with business needs.
- CompTIA, Microsoft 365, or Cisco-related certifications are a plus.
- Familiarity with NetSuite ERP software is a plus.
Ready to embark on your IT journey? We look forward to welcoming you to our dynamic team, where you'll gain hands-on experience and build a foundation for a successful IT career.
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Guelph, ON