In your role as the Manager, Inventory Control, at The North West Company (NWC), you will be responsible for the management and control of all physical inventories within the Warehouse and Transportation Management Systems both internal and external for the Winnipeg Logistic Service Centre (WLSC). Responsible for developing and implementing the necessary business processes and controls that are in place to protect NWC inventory assets.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. We also have free parking at our distribution center.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbor-hood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
In charge of overseeing every aspect of inventory management, encompassing the handling of all products received, stored, and dispatched from the WLSC.
Responsible for guaranteeing that third-party warehouse providers have sufficient protocols and safeguards in position to effectively oversee NWC inventory assets under their supervision.
- Maintain a comprehensive record and tracking system for inventory adjustments.
- Monitor and report on warehouse usage and capacity on a weekly basis.
- Conduct daily reconciliation checks between Retek and RP systems for accuracy.
- Coordinate annual inventory counts for all Warehouse and Transportation Management Systems .
- Ensure rigorous quality control checks for outbound shipments and promptly report any errors to department managers.
Responsible for the management of labor relations among departmental employees
- Oversee the timely receipt of all purchase orders into the system daily.
- Monitor and report vendor violations in accordance with vendor compliance guidelines.
- Ensure that third-party warehouses conduct regular cycle counts for on-hand inventory.
- Supervise the daily reporting of fill rates and shortages by third-party warehouses.
- Coordinate and schedule annual inventory counts in collaboration with third-party warehouses.
Responsible for actively engaging and participating as a valued member of the Senior Management Team within WLSC.
- Maintain staff schedules that align with evolving business demands.
- Administer and approve employee vacation requests.
- Conduct and authorize annual employee evaluations.
- Cultivate a safe work environment for all staff, promoting safe practices.
- Foster positive communication with employees, ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Oversee employee training and cross-training as necessary, and collaborate with the People Team on recruitment and interviewing processes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Actively participate in management meetings, offering constructive input in a positive and respectful manner.
- Collaborate with the management team to continuously identify opportunities for enhancing business processes.
- Effectively manage controllable expenses to achieve or surpass business objectives while maintaining departmental KPIs.
- Foster a positive team and work environment across WLSC, overseeing ATM transactions, internal petty cash transactions, and expense line item (labels) negotiations.
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience either with the Norwest Company or in a comparable role.
- Completion of at least Grade 12 education, with a preference for post-secondary education, PMAC certification, or a financial designation.
- Proficiency in PC skills, including Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, and preferably, familiarity with Retek, RP, and GM WMS systems.
- Effective communication abilities, encompassing both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Training in leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- A fundamental grasp of warehouse operations and logistics.
- Certification in equipment operation.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Winnipeg Logistics Service Centre 100 Murray Park Road, Winnipeg, MB
Sr. Manager, Distribution
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For Internal Applicants Only:
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply prior to October 13th, 2023.
NOTE: Prior to applying, an internal employee MUST
obtain a written endorsement email from their current Manager or Manager – once – removed and provide this to the recruitment team before
they can be considered for the opportunities. This position adherers to the Distribution Job Posting Guidelines.