Trophy Foods is Canada's leading supplier of high-quality edible nuts, dried fruit and confectionery products. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality products, at the best value, through our direct channel of global grower relationships.
Trophy Foods Inc. is Canadian owned and operated with over 40 years of experience in serving our customers. We produce edible nuts, dried fruits, confectionery and bulk foods under our Trophy brand. We also work with grocery retailers, mass merchandisers, drug channel, and food service customers across the country to create and produce a wide variety of private label branded products.
Overview: The Customer Service Representative works closely with Trophy’s retail customers by providing responsive information and quality service. The CSR works in collaboration with Sales, Operations, Supply Chain, QA as well as Finance.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receive customers’ calls promptly and professionally by phone and email.
- Inform customers of shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by the customer.
- Process orders through manual entry or EDI.
- Enter employee’s and sales sample orders.
- Advise Sales of any price discrepancies.
- Monitor orders and inventory on hand to anticipate Out of Stocks and address the situation with the different stakeholders.
- Follow up on orders to ensure order status flow (from start to finish) for all customers.
- Follow up with short shipment communication to the customer, which includes next available ship date. Provides case fill rate and on time delivery reports.
- Monitor that policies regarding order lead time and MOQ are followed.
- Ensure knowledge of specific procedures of assigned key accounts.
- Confer with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Understand the functions of other departments to utilize appropriate resources when required.
- Investigate customer inquiries and notifies appropriate department.
- Keep abreast of new products as they are introduced.
- Process return requests to document returned goods shipments, pick up location, and request for credit procedures.
- Respond to customer and or consumer complaints either verbally or in written correspondence within 48 hours of receiving the complaint or with appropriate credit documents.
- Maintain electronic and paper files of consumer complaints and coupon issuance.
- Compile statistics and prepares various reports for management.
- Comply with Trophy’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications, and Educational Requirements:
- One-year certificate from college or technical school and/or;
- Three to five years related Customer Service experience and/or training or;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Works well in a fast paced, high-pressure environment, with multiple priorities.
- Ability to plan effectively and decide accurately on the sequence in which actions should be carried out while allowing for enough flexibility to cushion ad hoc scenarios.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers, senior management, and employees of the organization.
- Bilingual in French would be an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Order processing systems and Word Processing.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- JD Edwards experience would be an asset.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5T 2T1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Customer service: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person