Key Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate technical aspects of RFQs: spec review, product selection & compliance, product costing & lead-times, obtaining technical approvals from R&E team, etc. to ensure timely, accurate and extensive proposals.
- Develop Constraint Maps for new product opportunities.
- Provide Technical support to customers, the Sales & Marketing team and the Customer Service team.
- Create customer / quote drawings and BOMs based on R&E approved designs.
- Support the manufacturing and quality teams.
Reports to: Product Manager
Primary work location: Cambridge, Ontario
Travel requirement: occasional
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate technical aspects of RFQs: spec review, product selection & compliance, product costing & lead-times, obtaining technical approvals from R&E team, etc.
- Prepare Constraint Maps for projects in collaboration with Sales and Marketing.
- Monitor the progress of new product development programs, and actively participate in interim design reviews. Suggest changes as required to meet the objectives of the commercial specifications.
- Provide Technical support to customers, sales network, and customer service.
- Provide field support and customer training for communications and energy products, including trade show support.
- Evaluate competitive product, perform benchmarks on technical & application specs and make recommendations.
- Coordinate the supply and assembly of demonstration material.
- Collaborate on engineering evaluations and designs with the Research & Engineering (R&E) team in Montreal.
- Create customer/quote drawings from R&E approved drawings.
- Develop concept models and proposals based on requests through Sales and Marketing.
- Perform the review and interpretation of customer specifications and industry standards with respect to product design and validation (e.g., ASTM, CSA, IEEE, etc.).
- Support the management of shop documents (Epicor entries, work orders, bills of materials, etc.).
- Participate in product quality reviews and conduct technical analysis as required
- Support the manufacturing teams through process reviews, continuous improvements, and tooling designs.
- Attends technical meetings, conferences, and specialized courses consistent with area of responsibility.
- Professionally represent PLP Canada in all interactions with customers and others.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong collaborative and team skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work with precision and efficiency in tight deadlines
- Spoken languages: English, French an asset
- Written languages: English, French an asset
Experience / Education / Skillset:
- Engineering Technician/Technologist Diploma or Engineering Degree (Mechanical preferred)
- 3D modeling and drafting of parts and assemblies (Creo and Solidworks preferred)
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- AutoCAD 2D (An asset)
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and documentation such as work orders, bills of materials, etc.
PLP is the connection you can count on, for our people, our clients, and our communities.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes, life insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, vacation days and paid holidays and a deferred profit-sharing retirement program.
We are a company that values new ideas and opinions, and we encourage our employees to ask questions in the spirit of continuous improvement. We promote a balance of work and family as an important aspect that helps sustain the long-term growth and health of all our employees. We value diversity and inclusion and foster a workplace in which all employees respect one another and work together to achieve common goals. The company also has annual social activities and a service awards program, that recognize the ongoing contributions of employees every year.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodation will be provided to candidates with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to participate in the process and require an accommodation, please let us know in advance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Work Location: In person