ABOUT THE COMPANY
B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Canada, Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Columbia, Finland, and Uzbekistan. This year, B2Gold forecasts gold production to be 1,000,000- 1,080,000 ounces.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Human Resources Coordinator assists the Director, Human Resources & Organizational Development through the compiling, maintaining and processing of information relating to staffing, training, employee relations, performance evaluations, career development plans and classifications.
The Human Resources Coordinator is broadly responsible for the daily administration associated with the delivery of Human Resources programs and services to the internal client groups of the Corporation. The Human Resources Coordinator is based in our Edmonton office with occasional travel to the project sites required.
This position is a 14-month contract.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources & Organizational Development, duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Process, verify and register documentation relating to personnel activities, such as onboarding, staffing, training, dispute resolution, benefits administration, payroll functions, performance evaluations, career development plans (CDP), and employee group classifications;
- Coordinate the Career Development Planning process, by collaborating with the development candidates supervisor and general manager in assessing qualifications, conducting a gap analysis from current to targeted positions, research Educational, Professional or Experiential requirement to fulfill the gap, and drafting the CDP;
- Assist in the investigation of employee relations issues and performance concerns while maintaining confidentiality, consistency, and sensitivity;
- Support Human Resources Business Partner and the Director, Human Resources & Organizational Development in coaching, counseling, and guiding managers in the execution of employee disciplinary actions;
- Maintain and update manual and computerized filing, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), registration systems, and the compiling and preparation of reports and documents relating to Human Resources activities;
- Employee enrollment, maintaining, and processing of billing for the organization’s Group Benefits programs. Act as the point of contact for employees for related group benefits questions; and
- Administration of HR related projects, programs, and services.
- Three (3) years of experience in supporting a full-service Human Resources department;
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma in Human Resources Management;
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) Candidate designation is an asset; and
- Experience in the mining or construction industry is a significant asset.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
For informational purposes, the starting salary for this role is $80,000.00 annually for 2080 scheduled hours in a work year.
APPLICATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume via Indeed.
Kitikmeot Inuit, Nunavut Inuit and Residents receive priority hiring consideration, if one these categories applies, please state it after the reference number in the subject line.
We thank all for their interest but are only considering applicants with working rights in Canada.
We will retain application material on file for future vacancies (openings within 6-12 months) for consideration; however, you are encouraged to apply to any opening you may be suited for. If selected to move forward a member of our team will be in touch.
This posting will remain open until 12:00AM MST June 8, 2023 unless a suitable candidate is not found; however, we encourage interested applicants to submit their resumes ASAP in order to be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 14 months
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-08