Focal Systems is the industry leader in retail AI solutions. We are a Silicon Valley based startup that has more than doubled in size every year since our founding. Our mission is to automate and optimize brick and mortar retail using deep learning computer vision. Focal has been deployed at scale with the top retailers in the world. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate people who love to learn, enjoy thinking critically, share our values, and want to build a great and enduring company.
We have built the next generation operating system for brick & mortar retail. This OS leverages shelf-mounted cameras that constantly measure the state of the retailers' shelves and use that information to order quicker and smarter, planogram better, and schedule, direct, train and manage their staff. We have proven this with major retailers around the world.
We are currently expanding our operations throughout Canada. We are looking for a Field Technician / Team Lead who can lead and champion deployments for our first customers in your area. This role will have overall accountability for the successful deployment, maintenance and adoption of our system. This is a full-time, contract position.
- Overall accountability for deployment, training and customer success
- Supervision of Field Technicians and contractors
- Troubleshooting and quality control
- Onboarding/scanning products into the system
- Routine stops at our client locations for battery swaps and diagnostics
- Onsite and offsite maintenance
- Learn to build devices and deploy them
- Dynamic oversight of services and operations
- Serve as primary point of contact reporting anything relevant in the field back to our Product Team
- 1+ years' experience as a Field Service Technician
- Proven team lead or supervisory experience
- Organized, detail-oriented, dependable and self-sufficient
- Strong customer service orientation
- Interested in technology
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible with your schedule, including nights and weekends
- Must have a valid driver's license and ownership of a reliable vehicle
- Must have a working smartphone (Android or iPhone)
Why Focal Systems
Strong Mission and Values
We are a tightly knit team with an ambitious mission and a strong set of core values, which define our approach to business and have successfully guided us since inception.
We are a team of hard-working, fun-loving professionals from some of the most eminent universities, research labs, and tech companies of our time. We pride ourselves on recruiting exceptional individuals to help us redefine the state-of-the-art.
We work with 10+ of the largest retailers in the world and have a world-class roster of investors, advisors and partners to support & advise us in our endeavors.
Paid Time Off & Sick Time