Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. The Company’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).
Stella-Jones recruits team members who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded. Our ever- expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
The Forklift Operator is responsible for shipping, receiving and general forklift work within the lumber mill. Duties include lumber packaging and wrapping as required.
- Afternoon shift: M-F 3pm - 12am
- Hourly wage: $22 + $1.25 shift premium
- Checks loading documents before and after loading.
- Moves, Loads and unloads material around the mill.
- Forklift operation for lumber packaging or wrapping.
- Makes effective stock rotation.
- Lumber wrapping and inspection as required.
- Lumber packaging as required.
- Lumber tagging banding.
- Hands pile special orders.
- General clean-up.
- Inventory counting.
- Documents and reports mechanical operation and maintenance requirements of equipment.
- Safe and responsible operation of company equipment.
- Performs the work safely according to applicable codes, standards and to Stella-Jones. health and safety program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Proficiency in English, spoken and written
- 1 year of related experience. Lumber yard experience is an asset
Physical Capabilities & Core Competencies
- Ability to lift lumber, twisting and turning, bending and standing for extended period
- Job task planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Safe forklift operation
- Ability to perform the tasks without causing damage to product or equipment
- Basic Math Skills
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will enjoy access to excellent benefits and incentives, including:
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability coverage
- Retirement program (RRSP) with generous Company match
- Company Share Purchase Program with Company contribution match
- Career advancement opportunities
Stella-Jones is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Stella-Jones makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.