The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the Registration Coordinator with the management of the member database, ensuring accurate and efficient processing of member registrations and acts as a contact for inquiries related to registration and registration renewal. The work requires excellent communication skills to represent the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba to all stakeholders. A proven skill set that includes initiative, planning, problem solving, and attention to detail is required for success in this position. Demonstrated computer knowledge and skills to complete complex tasks using various methods of technology. This position requires the ability to function with limited guidance, supervision, and monitoring. The individual in this position must be able to handle all confidential aspects of the position. This position will also provide support to staff to ensure the effective and efficient workflow of the College’s operations using current technology and systems to prepare, process and file documents in paper and electronic form.
Who we are: The College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba (CPM) is a self-supported professional body that regulates the practice of physiotherapy in Manitoba. CPM receives its regulatory authority form The Physiotherapists Act of Manitoba (2001). CPM is responsible for:
- Setting standards of practice for the profession
- Registering only qualified physiotherapists who wish to practise in Manitoba
- Ensuring that complaints of malpractice, misconduct or incompetence involving physiotherapists are thoroughly investigated and that appropriate action is taken
- Maintaining a Continuing Competency Program that requires members to demonstrate that they have engaged in activities to maintain and enhance their ability to practice.
Our mission is to ensure that the public receives safe, competent physiotherapy care from qualified physiotherapists. We are a small organization that provides you with:
- Direct access to decision makers
- Free parking/close to major bus routes
- Provides administrative support to the Registration Coordinator.
- Implements registration policies, procedures, and templates to ensure ongoing compliance with the Act, Regulation and By-laws.
- Provides administrative and program support to the Registrar/Executive Director/Deputy Registrar
- Provides administrative support to statutory committees, including scheduling meetings, preparing meeting packages, transcribing minutes, editing and formatting formal letters
- Supports the planning of the Annual General Meeting
- Assists with the publication of the Annual Report as required.
Education & Experience
- Certificate or Diploma in office support or administration; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- 5 years of administrative experience
- Advanced computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database applications
- Experience working in a highly confidential, environment with the ability to act with professionalism, integrity and diplomacy
- Team player, able to work independently and with a team Key Competencies
- Client focused: Committed to client service and developing internal and external client relationships
- Communication: Has excellent oral and written communication (including proofreading)
- Quality of work: Has high attention to detail and accuracy with exceptional organization skills
- Integrity and Trust: Handles confidential information with discretion
- Problem solving: Ability to analyze complex situations and exercise independent judgement to determine best solutions
Conditions of Employment
The successful applicant must:
- sign a Confidentiality Agreement with the College
- be able to workdays or evenings and weekends, as required
- be able to work additional hours during peak times
- be flexible and adapt to change and shifting demands and priorities
- be able to work alone at times
- be able to travel in Manitoba
- provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check prior to finalizing employment offer. CPM follows and/or exceeds Manitoba Public Health guidelines and protocols.
Remuneration: Hourly wage to be based on education and experience.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons to confidentially self-identify at time of application. Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter will be accepted by email. Send your application to [email protected] and address your application to Jennifer Billeck Registrar/Executive Director. Closing date: September 29th , 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact only those whose skills, knowledge and experience most closely match the requirements of the position
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 22.50 per week
Salary: $21.00-$26.57 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-30
Expected start date: 2023-11-01