Environmental Project Manager - ( 230003KC )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are currently seeking Project Managers to join our Environmental Services team in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Your role will be to lead various sized projects, manage them, and provide technical guidance. The successful candidate will work within our Site Investigation, Remediation & Response practice area, managing projects and project teams across various sectors. We are looking for an enthusiastic professional that can provide technical excellence and leadership and support the growing role that our clients have asked us to take on.
Ideally, the position is based out of our Thunder Bay, ON office, however, candidates located anywhere in Ontario will be considered.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop, monitor and manage proposals, work plans, budgets, project files and project schedules.
- Manage the following types of projects:
+ Phase I, II, and III Environmental Site Assessments, including Records of Site Conditions (RSCs).
+ Soil, groundwater, surface water and soil vapor monitoring programs.
+ Soil and groundwater remediation programs.
+ Environmental regulatory permitting.
+ Emergency Spill Response programs.
- Provide appropriate environmental/engineering input and a technical overview to design activities residing within or outside the project team (locally, regionally, or nationally) where relevant.
- Prepare technical environmental reports, conduct and/or lead field work, and manage existing and new projects.
- Participate in marketing and business development activities and initiatives, contribute to cost estimates of projects in collaboration with all other disciplines.
- Ensure that the deliverables provided to the project are technically accurate, within specifications, scope, budget, and schedule, suitable for the intended purpose and in compliance with quality procedures and project plans.
- Interface with other departments, project managers, team members, clients, sub-consultants, and vendors during all phases of projects to ensure a good working interface and accurate exchange of technical data.
- Collaborate and coordinate with project teams to determine and achieve project objectives.
- Participate and/or lead regular project meetings.
- Conduct peer and quality reviews on all applicable projects.
- Lead a safety culture on projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Solid understanding of the consulting industry in a multidisciplinary environment.
- High level of personal and professional credibility.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including experience authoring technical reports, proposals, and letters.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Ontario Environmental Legislation and Ontario’s and Canada’s regulatory regimes.
- Successful experience initiating and maintaining relationships with co-workers, clients, regulators, and other external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in client service management, including the ability to interface with clients and to build and maintain lasting, positive relationships.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team settings and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Effective decision-making experience, including making sound defensible business decisions and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems.
- Proven ability to manage contracts from start to finish, from proposal through to project execution and closure.
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Engineering or related field.
- Registered or eligible for professional registration or licensure with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), Professional Geoscientists Ontario (PGO), or equivalent professional association.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience delivering technical site investigation and remediation solutions on projects.
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety policies and procedures.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather as well as travel to remote communities.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Thunder Bay
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Windsor, Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario-Sudbury, Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Work Locations :
Thunder Bay ON
Organization : BC-1114 EnvSvcs-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 5, 2023, 9:47:53 AM
Req ID: 230003KC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans