Who We Are
Mitten is the original Canadian manufacturer and market leader of vinyl siding. Our continued focus on operational excellence has set the industry benchmark for service, quality, performance and design, backed by the best in class lifetime warranty. As a coast to coast distributor of premium exterior building products we are the link between architects, builders and installers providing an endless variety of business and design solutions. As part of the Cornerstone Building Brands family, we are the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our Canadian made vinyl siding has the largest and boldest colour palette in the industry and our colour matched aluminum, shake, stone, and accessories provide the perfect complements and finishing touches to any project. Our products maximize curb appeal and benefit installers by minimizing labour requirements.
Mitten Building Products is a growing company in the building products industry backed by Cornerstone Building Brands, providing us with stability and strength in the North American market. Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of vinyl windows in North America with brands you’ve come to know and trust. We have endless building product options from standard to specialty to customized to whatever you’re looking for. But it’s our service capabilities that sets us apart.
At Mitten Building Products, we strive to produce a continuous stream of market leading products and services. We are creative and seek to recognize, embrace and apply new ideas and commercialize them more quickly than our competitors. We relentlessly seek to raise the bar on our products and services. We establish a reputation for innovation, quality and service that differentiates us from our competitors and enables us to tailor products and services to be the market leader.
Our building solutions are the cornerstone of the communities we serve. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Why Join Our Team
Our employees are empowered to make a meaningful impact on our success while pursuing a wide range of opportunities to meet your personal aspirations for development and advancement within a stable, growing Canadian industry leader.
What You Can Expect from our Company
· You will be Part of a Winning Team
· You Can Capitalize on Your Opportunities and Make an Impact
· You Will Be Well Rewarded for Your Contributions to our Success
· You’ll work for a growing company with an excellent reputation in our sector for providing great products and customer service
· Competitive and tangible rewards that provide fair compensation relative to expectations and effort including base earnings, benefits for you and your family, and contributions toward your retirement savings
· Additional performance-based compensation depending on your role
· Competitive vacation time and flexibility in work schedules and location consistent with your role
· Resources and support to help you manage your personal wellness
What the Company Expects of our Team
· Bring yourself fully to work each day
· Playing your role on the team so together we Win as One
· Welcoming and Driving Change to support our continued evolution
· Help drive the success of our Canadian Business through living our universal core values
· Making an Impact to ensure our continued success
We are looking for a dynamic and results oriented individual to join our team. As the Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for the Mitten Building Products business for Eastern Canada and you will be part of a broader team of HR Professionals across the country.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and a great team of people.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources – Canada, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for employee relations, talent management, health & safety, training and development and claims management for the assigned business unit.
- Building, planning, managing, and leading the HR function within the assigned business unit in alignment with the direction of corporate HR;
- Partnering with business leaders to ensure execution of developed strategies in the areas of employee relations, retention, talent, recognition, health & safety and leadership development to support the company's high performance culture and business growth needs;
- Translating and executing business strategy into functional human resources programs, processes and tools;
- Supporting the development and management of the HR budget;
- Ensuring compliance with all employment laws, regulations, and policies, procedures, and processes;
- Analysis of business unit HR metrics and implementation of creative solutions and action plans to drive results.
- Some travel will be required as a means to effectively support the team
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Human Resources
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience within Human Resources
- Minimum of 5 years required within a leadership role
- CHRL designation preferred
- Multi-province experience
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work in an environment that is fast-paced and requires the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated coaching, counselling and interpersonal skills
- Proven project management skills required
- Ability to form strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills
Some travel between locations will be required.
Mitten Inc. is also committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
Supplemental pay types:
- What are your salary expectations?
Work Location: In person