Brookfield Place - 181 Bay Street
Business - Infrastructure
Brookfield Infrastructure Group is one of Brookfield’s primary operating groups. The Infrastructure Group is one of the world’s largest infrastructure investors, owning and operating critical assets across the transport, utilities, energy, and data infrastructure sectors. The Group operates and manages approximately $140 billion of assets owned through its private funds and publicly listed entity, Brookfield Infrastructure Partners. Our portfolio of assets facilitate the movement and storage of energy, water, freight, passengers and data, and are located in North and South America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions. For more information, visit:
Brookfield has a unique and dynamic culture. We seek team members who have a long-term focus and whose values align with our Attributes of a Brookfield Leader: Entrepreneurial, Collaborative and Disciplined. Brookfield is committed to the development of our people through challenging work assignments and exposure to diverse businesses.
As a member of the Brookfield Infrastructure Finance and Operations team, you will report to the Manager/Director, Finance and work alongside a strong team to build a ‘best in class’ finance function. The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, treasury and financial reporting for our Brookfield Infrastructure Private Funds.
Responsibilities include participating in the entire fund operations and reporting process such as:
- Actively participate in the day-to-day operations of the fund, including but not limited to, treasury and operation functions, managing liquidity and overseeing capital transactions;
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements for our private fund investors;
- Involved in preparation and resolution of inbound investor queries;
- Assist in capital events including preparation of operations binders and review of distribution and capital notices
- Active participant in managing the annual audit process;
- Preparation of annual tax financial statements;
- Opportunity to work alongside corporate and global platforms on various reporting initiatives;
- Ad-hoc analysis and presentations on Fund financial, impact and operational results;
- Special projects as required
- University degree in Business or Finance
- Completed or working towards completion of recognized professional accounting designation (CPA);
- One to three years of progressive work experience in finance and/or accounting functions, with an understanding and familiarity with private funds considered an asset;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly, problem-solve and to manage changing priorities;
- Superior communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Strong financial systems experience, including advanced Excel;
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with respect to both managing workload and professional development.
Brookfield is committed to maintaining a Positive Work Environment that is safe and respectful; our shared success depends on it. Accordingly, we do not tolerate workplace discrimination, violence or harassment.
Brookfield is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should you require a Human Rights Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.