The City of Edmonton selected Marigold Infrastructure Partners to design and build the 14-kilometre Valley Line West LRT project from downtown to Lewis Farms. Construction has begun and will take five to six years to complete.
Marigold is a design-build joint venture agreement between Colasand Parsons.
The Building Information Modelling (BIM) Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the process of generating and managing 2 and 3d digital models and virtual files that help with decision-making during the building process. THE BIM Coordinator is responsible for digital processes associated with the design and construction stages of the project, ensuring 3D models, drawings and structural data are hosted in one accessible place and delivers project information models to the Client as requested.
· Focus on efficient and effective implementation of digital tools to support the design and construction process.
· Development of building and civil disciplines models based on 2D/3D design information and survey data, according to the project BIM standards and providing the level of detail required for construction purposes.
· Work collaboratively in a team environment with BIM Technicians, Project Engineers, Architects and other consultants.
· Coordinate, execute and manage project setup, incoming mark-ups, project BIM data and project workflow.
· Develop engineers’ concepts, mark-ups and sketches into accurate models and drawing packages.
· Set up linked models and coordinate with models across all disciplines.
· Clash detection analysis.
· Extraction and modification of drawings/ data from models.
· Daily model management and maintenance.
· Manage Bluebeam sessions mark-ups and mark-up archiving.
· Attend regular project meetings.
· Print drawings for internal back checking and external project issues.
· Model-based quantities takeoff.
· Degree or diploma in Architectural and Building Technology from an accredited institution.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a BIM technology support role in the Architectural field, including document production and coordination.
· Design/ drafting experience on structural, civil and earthworks projects- rail and tunnel project experience an asset.
· Advanced abilities in BIM technologies.
· Working knowledge of 3D design and multi-discipline coordination, managing models and facilitating data exchange.
· Familiar with IT concepts to assist with server and broader based BIM troubleshooting.
· Interest in creating and developing office standards and systems to implement BIM.
· Experience in training and providing technical support to team members.
· Established knowledge of production of construction documentation.
· Passion for BIM and the technical knowledge to develop new systems.
· Solid communication skills for a team-based work environment and for teaching others about best practices in BIM.
· Ability to manage construction related data.
· Self-motivated, solution driven, pragmatic individual.
· Ability to work in a team environment, multitask, and meet deadlines.
· Proficient with AutoCAD and multiple BIM softwares.
· Ability to read and understand architectural and structural engineering drawings.
· High level of attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-functional team environment.
Marigold Infrastructure Partners and its joint venture partners expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MIP employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (preferred)
- drafting: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person