Are you looking for an exciting opportunity that allows you to learn new skills, grow, and build a life-long career?
We are currently seeking those interested in an Equipment Operator with AZ/DZ Certification to provide experienced construction operation of equipment with the utmost regard for safety on any of the following equipment: loaders, backhoe, mini-excavators, skid steers, vibratory plow, micro trencher, etc. to join our team.
Blue Feather Communications is a fast-growing maintenance and construction contractor in partnership with major telecommunication and utility companies across central Ontario, offering a competitive salary with perks, training, and benefits.
Come join the Blue Feather Communications Family, and let’s grow together!
Duties and Responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Execute the daily plan and work following the direction of the foreperson
- Complete construction work in an effective safety-conscious manner
- Maintain safe equipment operation
- Responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness, and condition of equipment
- Complete all required paperwork properly and within set timelines ·
- Driving of an assigned work vehicle may be assigned
- Responsible for operating the hydro vac, float equipment, and labour as required.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned
- Valid Class AZ or DZ License
- Driver’s abstract clear of serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act
- Ability to work and follow directions in challenging work environments
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to stand, lift 75 lbs, carry, bend, reach etc.
- Punctuality, flexibility, and reliable
- Safety oriented
- Outdoor working environment: ability to work in all weather conditions
- Travelling to various sites may be required
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Paid training and certifications
- Uniform/Boot Allowance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Opportunity for overtime
Job Category: Dig & Repair Job Type: Full-Time
Shift Information: Monday to Friday; overtime during nights and weekends may be required.
Salary: $25.00- $30.00 per hour
Work Location: Travel may be required to other various locations in all Grey Bruce and Simcoe County including Stayner, Barrie, and Markdale.
Preferred Experience/ Training and Certifications:
- Experience operating a mini-excavator and skid steers
- First Aid/CPR Training
- Ability to read telecommunication plans and work maps
- Directional drilling experience as asset
- Equipment operation experience in a construction environment (2 years+)
- Underground telecommunications preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- DZ/AZ License (preferred)
Work Location: On the road