BluPlanet Recycling is a leader in the recycling and waste management industry in Calgary, Alberta. Our employees enjoy a schedule that accommodates a healthy work-life balance, and receive competitive compensation and benefits including profit sharing and performance bonuses, paid vacation, dental and health insurance, and more. Our team delivers outstanding service in a professional and positive manner. If you value being part of a workplace culture that appreciates you for going above and beyond for our clients, and you care about contributing to a sustainable future, then we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a team focused individual to join our organization as a Driver’s Assistant. The successful candidate will have a passion for environmental and sustainable living.
Successful candidates will be resilient and committed to supporting the essential service of collecting mixed recycling, organics and waste streams for the Calgary community.
The Driver Assistant is responsible for the supporting the physical collection of waste streams; providing routing and program updates to driver; and actively participate in the safety culture within BluPlanet Recycling.
- Provide program updates to driver based on daily briefing notes
- Provide directions when required by the collections driver
- Physically assist driver in completing daily collections utilizing safe working procedures
- Provide feedback for program and route improvements
- Demonstrate flexibility when managing on-call or last minute collections
- Provide above and beyond service delivery on site
- Understand and manage acceptable material for each waste stream on site
- Develop strong working knowledge internal tracking and documentation software (Trux)
- Document all routing and program issues through Trux
- Liaison with Customer Support Team when dealing with on-site obstacles such as: no access; overflow; contamination
- Actively participate in BluPlanet Recycling’s health and safety program
- Assist in the following activities: Unloading collection trucks; tipping waste bins; washing organics bins; bailing material; bin assembly; maintaining yard and shop standards; any additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Capable of lifting up to 75lbs
- High level of physical stamina and endurance
- Demonstration of commitment and reliability
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly: $19.70/hour
- Annual bonus
- Guaranteed annual raises*
- Overtime available
- Health and dental (3 month waiting period)
- GRSP matching program
- Profit sharing program
- Paid vacation days
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Performance Incentives
- Capped at top end of salary band