Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
- Technical position primarily focused on a) administrating the radio network performance management solutions (and other technical applications), b) building, updating, and producing network performance KPIs, reports and dashboards, c) building in-house scripts and web interfaces for various radio network applications, viewers and reports, and d) acting as technical lead and support for the drive test team and their tool sets.
- Administrate Elisa Polystar’s radio access performance management solution (Kalix) through a) monitoring statistics files’ collection, parsing and aggregation processes, b) activating new counters, c) maintaining and adding new KPIs, d) updating system topology files, and e) opening and tracking trouble tickets with vendor.
- Administrate Groundhog’s geolocation solution (CovMo)through a) monitoring trace files’ collection and processing, b) preparing and updating system topology and TAC files, c) creating and executing reports based on user needs, and d) opening and tracking trouble tickets with vendor.
- Build, update and schedule all radio access network performance reports in the performance management solution as per requirements. Monitor automated daily, weekly and monthly report productions. Produce weekly and monthly radio access network reports on time for presentation to upper management.
- Develop scripts for inter-system data exchange and synchronization, automatic report/alert generation, RAN parameter audits, as well as XML file parsing as per organizational needs. Develop web based interfaces displaying data pulled from various database systems for various radio access groups’ reporting needs.
- Act as technical lead and support for the drive test team and their tools through a) administration of the Nemo Outdoor drive test collection application, b) remotely troubleshooting any issues experienced by the team in the field, c) introduction of new features into drive test set up (carrier aggregation, new bands, etc)
- Administrate and act as prime technical lead on the cloud based remote drive testing solution. Co-ordinate remote drive test activities and program them into the application; ensure successful drive test data collection and provide data to radio network engineering team for processing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer S with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the wireless industry.
- Required technical knowledge:
- Experience with wireless network perform performance management solutions an asset
- Experience with wireless network drive testing and related data collection tools (NEMO Outdoor, Windcatcher and Nemo Cloud) an asset
- Understanding of LTE and/or 5G network fundamentals as well as major key performance indicators an asset
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!